Conventional Gone

I dunno that's two stroke diesel oil, I'd probably use a modern 15w40 in it over that.
CF/SG is better than anything they had back then (35+ years ago). I’m sure it would be fine, and any conventional multigrade can have issues in hot weather in an air cooled engine, that’s why HD30 or ND30 was originally the recommended viscosity for OPE.

I've tried synthetic in my 94 Ranger and 09 CRV and it taps and burns oil in both. So am I just screwed?

My walmart has this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210710-071945.jpg
    Screenshot_20210710-071945.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 17
I've tried synthetic in my 94 Ranger and 09 CRV and it taps and burns oil in both. So am I just screwed?
You want us to believe that this statement is a serious question?

If you’re serious, and not trolling, with this Scotty Kilmer style statement that looks crafted to rile people up, then I would suggest you’re not “screwed” and you should try a different brand. Or grade.

You’ve been using oil that’s partly synthetic for several years now, you just didn’t know it, so I think we all find the “taps and burns oil” just a bit specious.

Try something like QSAM, QSFS, "PYB", or Magnatec if you're experiencing a noisy engine. These are famously "quiet" oils via BITOG urban legend.

I’m serious. They don’t have an oil filter it’s just a sump plate at the bottom and it leaks. They are known for it. They always say if it doesn’t leak it’s not a Volkswagen.
I am very well versed in the air-cooled Volkswagen world, and I have been for the last 29 years or so. You are correct that air-cooled VW engines do tend to seep oil and drip oil. With that said they don't seep more with syn oil, that is just totally false. I often run Amsoil Z Rod with no issues, now I am running Penn Grade oil, again no difference.

Back