Conventional Gone

So I was at Walmart about a week ago to pick up some oil for my S10 which I run conventional oil in since I owned it since last summer. I also run conventional in my Toyota.

But when I was at Walmart there was absolutely no conventional motor oil in stock instead they had this new "All Mileage" oil, I asked them where all the conventional is and they told me they no longer carry it and conventional is being phased out and replaced with "All Mileage"

So I then went to the Auto part store and again same situation, no conventional just "All Mileage" and full synthetic options.

I do not know the service history of my truck to say whether or not the previous owner used conventional or synthetic but usually these 4.3's take any oil no issue but my Toyota on the other hand has been running conventional quaker state it's whole life and I have the service records to back that up.

So what is going on and has anyone used this new "All Mileage" oil yet which seems to be a synthetic blend.

Well it’s not fully gone went to Walmart tonight and got two quarts of Havoline 10W-30 it’s for my grandmas mower. They had that in conventional and that was it Havoline only. Not even SuperTech conventional. So me and my dad are going to all the Walmart’s tomorrow to clean it all out because we don’t want synthetic in our old stuff.

So I was at Walmart about a week ago to pick up some oil for my S10 which I run conventional oil in since I owned it since last summer. I also run conventional in my Toyota.

But when I was at Walmart there was absolutely no conventional motor oil in stock instead they had this new "All Mileage" oil, I asked them where all the conventional is and they told me they no longer carry it and conventional is being phased out and replaced with "All Mileage"

So I then went to the Auto part store and again same situation, no conventional just "All Mileage" and full synthetic options.

I do not know the service history of my truck to say whether or not the previous owner used conventional or synthetic but usually these 4.3's take any oil no issue but my Toyota on the other hand has been running conventional quaker state it's whole life and I have the service records to back that up.

So what is going on and has anyone used this new "All Mileage" oil yet which seems to be a synthetic blend.
Hence your username “Furious”?

I made a trip to Walmart today and noticed the same thing. With the exception of Castrol GTX, all other brands of non-high mileage conventional/synthetic blend were gone. It (non-HM conv/blend) must not sell well enough for Walmart to provide it shelf space.
Also dumped 5 gallons of used oil at Autozone today and noticed similar situation. No valvoline white bottle or classic pennzoil yellow bottle. I’m curious if places like Rural King will keep it stocked.

While at my local WM last night ALL of their ST conventional oil was in the clearance section. Prices on the 5 qt. containers was $13.98. One qt. containers were $2.98.

Not just in certain areas. This is nationwide !!!

Here in Dallas area same thing at wally world. Conventional going "bye bye". It's all synblend or full syn on shelfs

But many Walmart's that I have hit looking for clearance oil shelfs were almost empty of oil. Especially Mobil Oil 😳 I wonder whats up with that ??

Pennzoil white bottle blend, Pennzoil yellow bottle blend, Quaker State green bottles and ST conventional are on "Clearance" around here.
Been picking up the syn-blend 5qt jugs of Pennzoil and Valvoline for $4-5 each 😜:cool:(y)

Dave

My beetle throws synthetic right out of the bottom because they are known to leak anyway

I'm new here, so I don't know... Are you kidding or serious? On the other hand, it's not surprising "conventional" is being phased out, given that we're into the 3rd decade of the 21 century. I think even Russian people use synthetic blend in their 80s Ladas these days. Why would anyone in a 1st world country such as United States use and SEEK OUT conventional in their late 90s and onwards Fords and Chevys is quite bewildering and embarrassing. I myself have a 80s design German car, and it doesn't care about the type of oil, just viscosity. An S10 Chevy being picky between conventional, semi-synth, or synthetic? If I had chickens, even they would find it funny

I'm new here, so I don't know... Are you kidding or serious? On the other hand, it's not surprising "conventional" is being phased out, given that we're into the 3rd decade of the 21 century. I think even Russian people use synthetic blend in their 80s Ladas these days. Why would anyone in a 1st world country such as United States use and SEEK OUT conventional in their late 90s and onwards Fords and Chevys is quite bewildering and embarrassing
I’m serious. They don’t have an oil filter it’s just a sump plate at the bottom and it leaks. They are known for it. They always say if it doesn’t leak it’s not a Volkswagen.

Back