Continental Terraincontact H/T 285/45R 22 500km review

Likely the same reason Michelin never put it on the LTX M/S, M/S2 and Defender LTX, yet it was a fantastic tire on ice and quite good in snow.
Thanks Overkill, that makes sense. I may end up with the Defender anyway. Walmart said it had the Contis but actually doesn't. Order cancelled.

As I wait for my delivery, a question maybe someone knows. Per Tire Rack and Consumer Reports, the Conti outperformed the Kumho Crugen HS51 in snow. But unlike the Kumho, the Conti doesn't bear the 3PMSF (three peak mountain snowflake) logo. Any thoughts on why Conti wouldn't bother getting it? It seems like it would easily qualify.
I had the Continental TerrainContact HT (275/60-20) put on my truck Saturday. They have the three peak logo.

Ed

Update: Purchased 4 "H" rated Terraincontact from Simple Tire through their eBay storefront. Arrived a day earlier than expected, great seller. Production dates are mid-2022 (weeks 29,29,30,31). These are stamped Made in USA and the A3 production code is for General's plant in Mount Vernon, Illinois.

Attachments

• PXL_20221226_165804157.jpg
    PXL_20221226_165804157.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20221226_165642822.jpg
    PXL_20221226_165642822.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 18
Are you sure you didn't purchase the TerrainContact A/T tire? The H/T's do not have the three peak logo.
You are correct. There is no three peak snowflake logo on my H/T tires. It was raining quite hard when I picked up the truck and only gave the tires a cursory glance to confirm they had put on the right ones. I mistook the tire's graphic design for the official logo.

Ed
IMG_0522.jpg

You are correct. There is no three peak snowflake logo on my H/T tires. It was raining quite hard when I picked up the truck and only gave the tires a cursory glance to confirm they had put on the right ones. I mistook the tire's graphic design for the official logo.

Ed
View attachment 132811
Oh, that's the "Two Snowy Mountain Peaks" logo. I'm sure it's just a coincidence and not an attempt by Continental to fool us (sarcasm). Mine have it too.

Had our first wet snow in north jersey today. Only 5 inches or so. Went for a ride on unplowed roads and these tires exceeded my expectations. Didn’t need AWD or 4WD. I do have limited slip but don’t believe it activated. Thanks again overkill!

Had our first wet snow in north jersey today. Only 5 inches or so. Went for a ride on unplowed roads and these tires exceeded my expectations. Didn’t need AWD or 4WD. I do have limited slip but don’t believe it activated. Thanks again overkill!
You are quite welcome! 🍻

Safe to assume that you are still happy with these tires?

Tundra will need a set very soon, and these are most likely what I will purchase. I wanted to try Michelins, but the only tire they make with the size and rating (111H) has been discontinued according to two sources. The Contis are 117H XL, which may firm things up a bit.

Last edited:
Safe to assume that you are still happy with these tires?

Tundra will need a set very soon, and these are most likely what I will purchase. I wanted to try Michelins, but the only tire they make with the size and rating (111H) has been discontinued according to two sources. The Contis are 117H XL, which may firm things up a bit.
Yes, very happy with them. We've put about 40,000km on the truck since the purchase (though some of that has been on the snow tires) and they are aging very well.

Back