Continental Terraincontact H/T 285/45R 22 500km review

Not that I could tell on the six mile drive home. I didn’t crawl under to see how much weight they took.
Mainly curious if you have any road-force related issues. This seems to be a somewhat common complaint on Continental truck tires.

Mainly curious if you have any road-force related issues. This seems to be a somewhat common complaint on Continental truck tires.
Took a little trip yesterday to Hamburg pa. Back roads and hwy. no balance issues that I could detect. Handle well above 75 mph. No road noise that I can hear, but I found my my Cooper AT3 4S quite also. Road imperfections, and there are plenty in route 78 around Allentown Pa, seem a bit harsher with these tires as compared to AT tires, but I believe this is normal. I did pick up , 2 mpg as compared to the ATs. according to the lie o meter. Haven’t driven in the rain yet, but so far, happy with my choice.

Checkout the video in the link below ... the TerrainContact H/T rated the best between the 4 tested. I'll consider these for my Tacoma when tires are due. Are yours black wall, or did they put the outlined raised white letters on the inside? I don't like raised white letters on tires.

Tire Test Video - Tire Rack
I liked your review. Is it just me, or is it odd that many tires have been tested at TR except the defender LTX MS? That would be be good to see how it compares to the others. Maybe they know some others have better performance in some areas.

I have read that a common complaint with Continental tires is flat spotting. My Ram 1500 sat for 10 days while I had COVID. Drove the truck for the first time today, no flat spot that I could feel. Maybe it would have been an issue in cold weather.

Agree with Overkill, these tires handle all wet weather conditions with out a hint of loss of traction. They have handled, barely wet, summer rain and most recently heavy downpours. Tires were great, visibility was the only factor that caused me to have to slow down.

Drove in the slop today. Light snow, slush and freezing rain. With the 4WD auto activated. The tires were fine. They’ll get get me through the winter, just not as well as the Cooper AT3 4S tires. The Coopers would have handle todays slop in 2WD.

As I wait for my delivery, a question maybe someone knows. Per Tire Rack and Consumer Reports, the Conti outperformed the Kumho Crugen HS51 in snow. But unlike the Kumho, the Conti doesn't bear the 3PMSF (three peak mountain snowflake) logo. Any thoughts on why Conti wouldn't bother getting it? It seems like it would easily qualify.

Last edited:
As I wait for my delivery, a question maybe someone knows. Per Tire Rack and Consumer Reports, the Conti outperformed the Kumho Crugen HS51 in snow. But unlike the Kumho, the Conti doesn't bear the 3PMSF (three peak mountain snowflake) logo. Any thoughts on why Conti wouldn't bother getting it? It seems like it would easily qualify.
Likely the same reason Michelin never put it on the LTX M/S, M/S2 and Defender LTX, yet it was a fantastic tire on ice and quite good in snow.

Back