Confirmed; Kirkland Motor Oil is Warren/MAG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Costco fuel is Top Tier.

I'm extremely picky about food and produce. I have not see anything like what you are describing.

I beg to differ. I personally have loaded and delivered Costco fuel. I cannot count how many times it was way over ethanol (20%+) and the terminal operator signed off on it. In CA we are regulated to 10% max ethanol at the terminal with no signature. At the pump it's 15% max. I've taken loads with over 20% ethanol. Especially from Kinder Morgan facilities where the ethanol is pumped in first. And there are no PEA's (polyether amine's) added. Costco fuel is frightening. I have done pump-outs of contaminated fuel (by Chevron/Shell standards) and driven it to Costco.

Costco/Valero fuel is the least regulated fuel in the country for quality control. I've dipped the tanks with paste and gotten over 10 inches of water in the rain. I make a call and always was told to drop. At Chevron/76/Shell stations any water at all in the tanks and the load gets diverted.

Contrary to what people think the Techtron additive at Chevron terminals is shut off for anything other than Chevron being loaded. If you don't believe me simply ask the attendant for a copy of the BOL and you will see it's just straight gas and ethanol with only the standard winter/summer blend that is in any gas.

Last 2 oil changes I've done were at 7,764 and 8,290 miles using Kirkland oil and I use Costco gas. Somehow my car hasn't blown up. I also do my grocery shopping there and somehow I haven't gotten food poisoning or died.

I must be a miracle.

Warren oil company makes all the cheap oils available from the low end retailers such as Walmart and Costco. It's not a bad oil if you are changing it often and don't have any issues like overheating or blow a hole in your cases and lose oil.

I personally do not shop at Walmart or Costco unless it's an emergency.
An emergency $5.00 cooked chicken? OR-$1.50 hot dog?

Last 2 oil changes I've done were at 7,764 and 8,290 miles using Kirkland oil and I use Costco gas. Somehow my car hasn't blown up. I also do my grocery shopping there and somehow I haven't gotten food poisoning or died.

I must be a miracle.
I'm convinced that there are some on the Internet whose sole purpose is to knock (insert store here) whether it's Costco, Walmart, or what ever. It's well known that Costco gas gets high marks from consumer groups. Is there an isolated incident in regard to tank maintenance-maybe. I don't believe for one second bad fuel gets pumped out at Chevron station and then sent to Costco.

So yea-I'm calling bull unless I see proof. You know-I saw it on the Internet it must be fact.

Last edited:
I'm convinced that there are some on the Internet whose sole purpose is to knock (insert store here) whether it's Costco, Walmart, or what ever. It's well known that Costco gas gets high marks form consumer groups.
And car brands you own like GM and Kia …
I just smile and try to recall the last time mine have seen the dealership …

HM......my GM truck hasn't seen the dealership other than maintenance.

The Hyundai hasn't either in 51,000 miles-however there are two outstanding recalls. And recalls are not unique to any manufacturer-are they?

I’m just 4 years on the current Chevy - but beat the last one on/off road for 8 years and no dealer trips at all

I’m just 4 years on the current Chevy - but beat the last one on/off road for 8 years and no dealer trips at all

I hear that! My GMC Sierra is at 17 years and no dealer trips. My last Chevy Silverado went over 16 years and no dealer trips.

I'm convinced that there are some on the Internet whose sole purpose is to knock (insert store here) whether it's Costco, Walmart, or what ever. It's well known that Costco gas gets high marks from consumer groups. Is there an isolated incident in regard to tank maintenance-maybe. I don't believe for one second bad fuel gets pumped out at Chevron station and then sent to Costco.

I only knock the stores and fuel stations that deserve it. You are not the one delivering the fuel so how would you know? High marks from consumers mean nothing to the guy who cleans out a throttle body, throws codes for having too much ethanol in the fuel, or has injector damage.

The average motoring public has no idea what they are pumping into their tank. Cross dumps with 87 into the 91 and level 1 diesel into gas are a common occurrence (and not just Costco) for high volume stations. Reason being the drivers are very rushed to get in and out. Arco is an example of many.

After delivering fuel for almost 20 years I have learned that Chevron and Shell are the only brands I trust in my vehicles. Of course a tank of something else every now and then won't hurt. Their guidelines and regulations are the strictest in the country.

Just for general info Chevron does not allow diesel and gas on the same truck. It has to be drained dry of gas before diesel is loaded in the tank. I say this only because I know how strict Chevron is about keeping fuel separated and preventing "a hot load" of diesel. One small quart of gas in a 1000 gallon compartment of diesel is considered contaminated fuel.

I beg to differ. I personally have loaded and delivered Costco fuel. I cannot count how many times it was way over ethanol (20%+) and the terminal operator signed off on it. In CA we are regulated to 10% max ethanol at the terminal with no signature. At the pump it's 15% max. I've taken loads with over 20% ethanol. Especially from Kinder Morgan facilities where the ethanol is pumped in first. And there are no PEA's (polyether amine's) added. Costco fuel is frightening. I have done pump-outs of contaminated fuel (by Chevron/Shell standards) and driven it to Costco.

Costco/Valero fuel is the least regulated fuel in the country for quality control. I've dipped the tanks with paste and gotten over 10 inches of water in the rain. I make a call and always was told to drop. At Chevron/76/Shell stations any water at all in the tanks and the load gets diverted.

Contrary to what people think the Techtron additive at Chevron terminals is shut off for anything other than Chevron being loaded. If you don't believe me simply ask the attendant for a copy of the BOL and you will see it's just straight gas and ethanol with only the standard winter/summer blend that is in any gas.
I wonder if this takes place here in southeastern Wisconsin...I seem to get better fuel efficiency/smoother running with my local BP/Amoco when compared to the local Costco.

Costco fuel is Top Tier.

I'm extremely picky about food and produce. I have not see anything like what you are describing.

We've shopped at Costco for almost 20 years. We've learned the hard way, no matter how good it looks, their fruit is not worth buying. Vegetables are usually great.

I also avoid the gas pumps due to the constant long lines. Plus, the local Chevron has an E85 pump, so I can mix E30..

Serious as a heart attack. Everything from non branded low quality gas to cheap Chinese crap on the shelves, to rotten meat and spoiled produce. There is nothing good about Costco.

We must be living in two different universes.
Costco prides itself on being available to provide the best products available almost anywhere.
The whole point of the post is, if you click on the link - - - you can see where all sorts of "Kirkland" branded products come from.... Nothing "poor/rotten/spoiled" about anything Costco sells.

.....preventing "a hot load" of diesel. One small quart of gas in a 1000 gallon compartment of diesel is considered contaminated fuel.

H,mmmmm....

did you know that the pipeline terminals allow a LOT (and I do mean a LOT) more contamination than this?!?

We must be living in two different universes.
Costco prides itself on being available to provide the best products available almost anywhere.
The whole point of the post is, if you click on the link - - - you can see where all sorts of "Kirkland" branded products come from.... Nothing "poor/rotten/spoiled" about anything Costco sells.
You're being generous by dismissing it as "different universes."

I only knock the stores and fuel stations that deserve it. You are not the one delivering the fuel so how would you know? High marks from consumers mean nothing to the guy who cleans out a throttle body, throws codes for having too much ethanol in the fuel, or has injector damage.

The average motoring public has no idea what they are pumping into their tank. Cross dumps with 87 into the 91 and level 1 diesel into gas are a common occurrence (and not just Costco) for high volume stations. Reason being the drivers are very rushed to get in and out. Arco is an example of many.

After delivering fuel for almost 20 years I have learned that Chevron and Shell are the only brands I trust in my vehicles. Of course a tank of something else every now and then won't hurt. Their guidelines and regulations are the strictest in the country.

Just for general info Chevron does not allow diesel and gas on the same truck. It has to be drained dry of gas before diesel is loaded in the tank. I say this only because I know how strict Chevron is about keeping fuel separated and preventing "a hot load" of diesel. One small quart of gas in a 1000 gallon compartment of diesel is considered contaminated fuel.
Any station that is Top Tier has to meet the same minimum quality standards. Costco sells Top Tier gas. Their high turnover also means the fuel is more fresh than the non-TT mom and pop with decades old tanks that sees a fraction of the traffic.

Costco fuel is Top Tier.

Yes, same here, and my wife works at Costco. They double the manufacturer warranty on anything they sell and there are great deals to be had on many things if you know what you are shopping for. Cat litter, soap (hand, dishwasher...etc), certain food products like coffee. We don't buy much meat there, as we prefer the cuts we get from the butcher, but a friend of mine swears by it. Their burgers are quite good, and bread products are another excellent deal when you've got three kids and go through as much as we do.

Their tire centre is also quite good.

I'll also add that they treat their employees quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back