Confirmed; Kirkland Motor Oil is Warren/MAG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who eats Kirkland Tuna? Emergency or not, it tastes good!....
I've been eating Kirkland Solid White Albacore packed in water for a long time and didn't even know it. And, without a Costco membership. From the same source as the OP, Kirkland Tuna is Bumble Bee brand tuna by another name. It's my fave.

So as Paul Harvey(rip) would say, now you know the rest of the story.

I put 15K miles on the old Warren Supertech 5W-30 Synthetic in my 2009 Focus 2.0 and the Blackstone UOA was fine. TBN was high enough Blackstone recommended I go to 17K!

Most local Costco stores don't have any KS oils in stock, supply chain issue.
I have about 10 5qt jugs of 5W-30 on stash . . . bought $21.99 for case of 2.

I find it interesting that seemingly in Southeast Asia Mag1 is a relatively highly regarded oil there. I've seen it for sale in Philippine car Facebook groups I'm in. It's just a little weird/interesting a definitely second rate product in the USA seems to be doing so well overseas.

Maybe another Southeast Asian member can chime in on this.

Who eats Kirkland Tuna? Emergency or not, it tastes good!

Costco has a big boat catching their white albacore ... and some employees also help catching fish while on vacation. You get vacation pay plus time and half overtime for working! Not a bad deal.
Waren helps when fishing is slow.
I'm sure you're joking, but Kirkland tuna is from Bumble Bee.

I'm not involved in Costco's oil purchasing pipeline but I do work with several Costco vendors who make their Kirkland branded products. Costco has an EXCELLENT top-notch Q/C program. They regularly have their own people inserted into the supply chain to monitor their supplier's quality programs. They have the purchasing power to force quality standards on their vendors and they actively do so, monitor them, and enforce those standards.

For cheap non-name brand products that is the biggest risk to me. You are paying for Q/C standards and reputation in name-brand products and Costco delivers.

And you get those points by spending a lot of money there?

Not too much at all. Just normal purchases for parts and accessories needed to fund my riding. Doing the math my oil is about 50% cheaper than Walmart when you factor in my labor, time and money.

Warren oil company makes all the cheap oils available from the low end retailers such as Walmart and Costco. It's not a bad oil if you are changing it often and don't have any issues like overheating or blow a hole in your cases and lose oil.

I personally do not shop at Walmart or Costco unless it's an emergency.
Did you actually say that Costco is a "low end retailer" ? I assume that was in jest, right?

Did you actually say that Costco is a "low end retailer" ? I assume that was in jest, right?

Serious as a heart attack. Everything from non branded low quality gas to cheap Chinese crap on the shelves, to rotten meat and spoiled produce. There is nothing good about Costco unless emergency shopping as last resort. It's a bulk product provider that encourages hoarding.

I just use my Amazon Prime membership for same or next day delivery when I'm hard up for Warrens cheap Lubrigard/ITASCA oil that Walmart and Costco sell. When I need gas I go to Chevron or Shell and pay a few cents more a gallon in and out in less than 5 minutes. And I can wash my windows and check my oil. Try that at Costco and there will be a riot and assault for holding up the line.

Serious as a heart attack. Everything from non branded low quality gas to cheap Chinese crap on the shelves, to rotten meat and spoiled produce. There is nothing good about Costco unless emergency shopping as last resort. It's a bulk product provider that encourages hoarding.

I just use my Amazon Prime membership for same or next day delivery when I'm hard up for Warrens cheap Lubrigard/ITASCA oil that Walmart and Costco sell. When I need gas I go to Chevron or Shell and pay a few cents more a gallon in and out in less than 5 minutes. And I can wash my windows and check my oil. Try that at Costco and there will be a riot and assault for holding up the line.
Costco fuel is Top Tier.

I'm extremely picky about food and produce. I have not see anything like what you are describing.

I'm not involved in Costco's oil purchasing pipeline but I do work with several Costco vendors who make their Kirkland branded products. Costco has an EXCELLENT top-notch Q/C program. They regularly have their own people inserted into the supply chain to monitor their supplier's quality programs. They have the purchasing power to force quality standards on their vendors and they actively do so, monitor them, and enforce those standards.

For cheap non-name brand products that is the biggest risk to me. You are paying for Q/C standards and reputation in name-brand products and Costco delivers.
Pretty much what Sears did in their prime … had some incredible runs with Kenmore Elite appliances

Costco fuel is Top Tier.

I'm extremely picky about food and produce. I have not see anything like what you are describing.

I think it’s good fuel - however - guess the idea to put the pumps upfront with cheap gas was meant to bring customers. It’s done the opposite with me - I don’t buy gas there and got sick of trying to get past all the cars and reach the store. It is also making that corner risky - backed up to the feeder … Let card expire…
I’ll not do business with Amazon - but still find all I need - and we spend plenty

I think it’s good fuel - however - guess the idea to put the pumps upfront with cheap gas was meant to bring customers. It’s done the opposite with me - I don’t buy gas there and got sick of trying to get past all the cars and reach the store. It is also making that corner risky - backed up to the feeder … Let card expire…
I’ll not do business with Amazon - but still find all I need - and we spend plenty
I agree about access. I buy fuel there when its not busy, usually early or before closing. I go at off peak times. I don't drive there to buy fuel, if im there and need fuel , and the line is short, yes. Otherwise its Sheetz.

I agree about access. I buy fuel there when its not busy, usually early or before closing. I go at off peak times. I don't drive there to buy fuel, if im there and need fuel , and the line is short, yes. Otherwise its Sheetz.
Where my store is there was an ideal place in another corner of the property - I just don’t think Costco corporate cares when they build them … and obviously the local “leaders” suck up to the big sales tax machine they are …

Motorhelmets and Auto Center within a mile or two. And numerous other vehicle repair facilities and car/motorcycle dealers. For just a few dollars more I get the exact oil I need in stock and not wasting my time.
1645673881525.jpg

Waste of time? Where else other than Walmart can you have wholesome entertainment, laundry detergent, pecan pie, socks, and auto supplies under 1 roof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back