compressor oil purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Craftsman 3 gallon 125PSI air Compressor. the oil requirement is for SAE 30 non detergent heavy duty API CG/CD. I reside in San Antonio, TX, do you know where this oil can be purchased?

yep, Ive heard amsoil oil is the stuff to get. See if the old oil bottle or manual or tech support will let you know what iso range to use.

JMH

Have used Amsoil for 10 yrs in two Sears 5 hp compressors. I drain at 1-2 yrs.

I have not tried cleaning the reed valves. I would think they are real clean from the syn lube.

I use compresor oil from Home Depot 3 months out of the year. In the winter, replace it with Mobil synthetic ATF. It's the thinnest stuff I can find so the compressor will turnover in sub freezing temps. It wasn't an expensive compressor so I could care less.

Well, I don't know where the requirements came from, but a non detergent SAE 30 is quite different from a SG/CD Heavy Duty API oil. I agree with the others, use Amsoil compressor oil- can be found in quarts in SAE 20 (ISO 46) or SAE 40 (ISO 100). Mix 50/50 for a 30 weight (ISO 68). That's what I do. Go to Amsoil's website or call them to look find a local retailer or dealer. I have a retail account with them but am not close enough to you.

get amsoil compressor oil from a site sponsor.

Studies frma while back (do a search) indicated that current draw using this was a good deal lower than using the OE oil on (I believe) the subject hitachi compressor...

A good reason in and of itself to use it!

There are site sponsors surely more than willing to help you with getting some... give 'em a PM.

JMH

I haved used amsoil compressor oil in our 4 compressors for 7 years. They are used very hard and we changed oil every other year. No failures or leaks from these pumps in the extreme heat here.

I use Quincy, Coleman, Puma, and Cambell Hausfield oils. They perform all the same, Just change when the seasons change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back