Complaining to HR

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a business owner, I had a few sales people, a man and a woman (BTW saying male and female sounds odd to me, like we're not necessarily talking about people) that (to use Shannow's term) marinated in their chosen "scent". I figured I wouldn't have to see them too often, and if they could deliver the sales numbers, then I could ignore the periodic olfactory assault.

I eventually started hearing from clients that said they were considering going to a competitor. I asked why, (these are people I had developed a personal relationship with over the years, so we knew each other) and the reason in every case was that they couldn't stand the overpowering "scent" of my salespeople. So, since the pungent salespeople weren't delivering the numbers, and were about to cost me longstanding clients, I let them go.

Bottom line: Your "scent" may not be doing you any favors. And if those "pretty female" customers you're hitting on are offended enough to call and complain, management could be trying to get you to quit on your own.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
This might be Joesph under a new screen name...

You think Joseph could have kept the same job this long?

They would get on me if my shirt is untucked. Or if I don't properly greet a customer. If my scent game was whack at all, I would have heard it. Or if a customer complained about me hitting on them. Mr. Snitch will never pass up a chance to take a crack at my demise there.

I approach it with the idea to lure them in. Let just enough subtle juice hit their nose so they have to lean in to get more. It's called Touch for a reason.

I think I'll try the temp agencies. I did read an article a while ago about how it's becoming more scarce to find good workers bc it's a worker's market.

I should aim for office jobs and what not.

And I have found that inexpensive watches at Target are pretty legit looking. Just the right amount of shine from subtly placed high surface patina metal or chrome around the edges and on the hands. They really punch above their weight class.

Oh the irony of spending a lot of time. At work to accumulate enough. To go spend it on an object that keeps track of time. I don't get the obsession to spend all that much. Subtly is is more classy.

Originally Posted by BossMoss
They would get on me if my shirt is untucked. Or if I don't properly greet a customer. If my scent game was whack at all, I would have heard it. Or if a customer complained about me hitting on them. Mr. Snitch will never pass up a chance to take a crack at my demise there.

I approach it with the idea to lure them in. Let just enough subtle juice hit their nose so they have to lean in to get more. It's called Touch for a reason.

I think I'll try the temp agencies. I did read an article a while ago about how it's becoming more scarce to find good workers bc it's a worker's market.

And I have found that inexpensive watches at Target are pretty legit looking. Just the right amount of shine from subtly placed high surface patina metal or chrome around the edges and on the hands. They really punch above their weight class.

Oh the irony of spending a lot of time. At work to accumulate enough. To go spend it on an object that keeps track of time. I don't get the obsession to spend all that much. Subtly is is more classy.

You would have loved it in New York when you could get a Tag or Rolex for $30-$35. I think they still do it, but it's not in the open and you have to ask around.

And temp work is a good way to get in. Those reps don't make any money if they can't find you a position so if there's something wrong with your approach, they should just come out and say it.

Guys
Go read some of this guys other posts.
Always a scam to not working.
Or a get rich quick thing.
Not sure if he is trolling or just delusional.

If you make a complaint to HR, how do you insure that you won't get retaliation. Or that they know it was you.

Depends on the culture at the organization.

Originally Posted by Dallas69
Guys

Who was that member we had for a zillion posts (some entertaining) who was finally sent packing?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by cjcride
Guys

Who was that member we had for a zillion posts (some entertaining) who was finally sent packing?

Are you talking about the many accounts of Joseph/GHT? Or Merk?

You're obnoxious on a forum... I can't imagine how annoying you are to work with in real life. And for what it's worth I work at an auto parts store, my boss happily schedules me all the hours I want, and I don't wear cologne. Just an inexpensive, well know brand of deodorant. Oh, and I don't creep on customers. I do occasionally have women that seem interested in me, but as a gay guy, that obviously doesn't go anywhere. I've never offered my phone number to a customer.

Originally Posted by dogememe

You're obnoxious on a forum... I can't imagine how annoying you are to work with in real life. And for what it's worth I work at an auto parts store, my boss happily schedules me all the hours I want, and I don't wear cologne. Just an inexpensive, well know brand of deodorant. Oh, and I don't creep on customers. I do occasionally have women that seem interested in me, but as a gay guy, that obviously doesn't go anywhere. I've never offered my phone number to a customer.

Obnoxious is an understatement if you re-read the bold from OP above.

Guys

We went over this already with a different genius, and I destroyed him in a different thread. With logic. I see his name here ifix whatever. I blocked him so I can't read his post.

Go read it. He makes contradictory accusations. When I pointed this out, He couldn't say anything. Delusional is good word to describe him. The thread about raising fish, I believe.

Ppl do it as side income, and me asking about it means that I'm a scammer. Or delusional. Or a troll.

You're not gonna drag me into another non sense argument on here like he did. I'm blocking you. Hilarious.

"You're trolling."
"But no one here is getting heated or arguing. Next?"
"You're a scammer!"
"I asked if raising fish to sell can be a legit income source. I didn't try to sell anyone anything on here."

Yeah man, posting about raising fish, econobox convertibles, and fragrance means I love controversy. Or that I'm delusional.

Or asking about HR means I'm delusional. I can't keep up with your nonsense.

Another guy trying to ruin a discussion. Blocked.

Originally Posted by dogememe

Let's explore this. What exactly is obnoxious about me?

This is a place where ppl can post their thoughts in anonymity. A bit different than being in person. I don't cuss ppl out, just give my raw unfiltered thoughts on a subject that don't bully or harass anyone else. A bunch of dudes talking about watches and scents. I'm sorry that bothers you.

I hit on women at every shift at both my jobs. Not one complaint. In fact, my manager even enjoyed watching me get rejected one time. Women enjoy getting hit on by a pretty boy, even if they have zero interest.

Last edited:

Let's explore this. What exactly is obnoxious about me?

This is a place where ppl can post their thoughts in anonymity. A bit different than being in person. I don't cuss ppl out, just give my raw unfiltered thoughts on a subject that don't bully or harass anyone else. A bunch of dudes talking about watches and scents. I'm sorry that bothers you.

I hit on women at every shift at both my jobs. Not one complaint. In fact, my manager even enjoyed watching me get rejected one time. Women enjoy getting hit on by a pretty boy, even if they have zero interest.

You just answered your own question.

There's a lot of projection going on here.

No one forces the haters to post here. If the conversation is too intellectually demanding, leave it alone.

"Even though the conversation is going well and multiple people are giving their thoughts, I'm going to bring it to a halt and troll by accusing someone else of trolling."

We went over this already with a different genius, and I destroyed him in a different thread. With logic. I see his name here ifix whatever. I blocked him so I can't read his post.

LOL, I am destroyed. Dude is good entertainment at least.

If you make a complaint to HR, how do you insure that you won't get retaliation. Or that they know it was you.

Trolls are getting better at baiting their mockery. Pretty subltle, but in hindsight - obvious. Obviously, commonly controversial topic, generically stated.

User list updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back