Comparing ATF Fluid Specifications in Amsoil Multi-Vehicle Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was good information about OE fluids compared to the Amsoil Multi-Vehicle ATF and how they can cover almost all automatic transmissions with just a few different fluids.

Last edited:
Thanks! Great post!
I'll take the flak but after watching, this reinforces my view that Mercon V is a better replacement for Dexron III than Dexron VI.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by WobblyElvis
In my view it's just more , dodgy, evasive, insinuating, fact less, selective marketing by Amsoil.

It's not about selling Amsoil, it was about showing how the specs differ from each other and how multi-vehicle formulas can cover more than one spec. Valvoline ATF is another example of this. Doesn't just have to be Amsoil. It's just they presented the information.

I have added Lubeguard Red to every A/T I've had in the last 25 years without ever having a problem....and that's whether I have used OE fluid, or multi vehicle full synthetic or not. He may be talking about products like Lucas or others but I've never heard of LG Red causing issues.

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
Thanks! Great post!
I'll take the flak but after watching, this reinforces my view that Mercon V is a better replacement for Dexron III than Dexron VI.

Why because in use MERCON V shears as low as DEXRON VI in use.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Thanks! Great post!

There you go with that shear B.S. again...

Originally Posted by dave1251
Thanks! Great post!

Maybe the fully synthetic Mercon V shears as little as Dexron VI. But the normally seen semi-synthetic Mercon V shears at a considerably faster pace than Dexron VI....up to 2X the rate. My 2001 Lincoln uses the Mercon V and it's heavily oxidized and spent by around 20K-25K.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back