Commercials that you hate.

Tom Shane jewelers commercials. "Now you have a friend in the diamond business."

Years ago we used to have a shock jock DJ on a local rock station that did a segment where he had people calling in with funny New Years resolutions. One guy called in and said his resolution was to stop shooting radio every time he heard a Tom Shane commercial. You could tell the DJ was dying to run with the joke but he couldn't as he'd get in trouble with management for dishing on their top advertiser.

Tom Shane jewelers commercials. "Now you have a friend in the diamond business."

Years ago we used to have a shock jock DJ on a local rock station that did a segment where he had people calling in with funny New Years resolutions. One guy called in and said his resolution was to stop shooting radio every time he heard a Tom Shane commercial. You could tell the DJ was dying to run with the joke but he couldn't as he'd get in trouble with management for dishing on their top advertiser.
hahhahahahaha yeah like every radio station too. We never bought a thing from that place.

We STILL have to see Joe Namath + JJ Walker on TV 4 - 5 times an hour "I am getting all I am "entitled" to! You can too!!!" Ugh.........
Its Feb 11th and they still running on certain stations. Oh, also the lawyers on there every other commerical asking you "do you need to sue someone? just call us and we will get you a fortune!" Sleeze.

It's been more than 50 years since I've heard that and unfortunately, it's still in my head. Was it the same one where the guy had his wife lip-syncing " that's the number for the plumber" part of the jingle? Or was that Vic the plumber? That one seemed to be a homemade commercial. I wasn't in Phila. but watched nearly all Phila. TV. The old channel 48 Kaiser station was a legendary UHF station. Charlie Chan flicks to roller derby. Yes, I'm as old as most dirt.
Yep, channels 17, 29 and 48. The Warriors were the roller derby team in Philly. Remember Dr. Shock?

The ones that totally crack me up, but I don't hate and those Charmin commercials showing the sweet gentle loving bears. Bears are mean as hell!! They're tear you up!! Haha!!:ROFLMAO:

Yep, channels 17, 29 and 48. The Warriors were the roller derby team in Philly. Remember Dr. Shock?
All fine channels. Channel 17 as well as the long-gone CBS 15 from Lebanon used to carry every Phillies game.

The Warriors rings a bell on the roller derby team. I had forgotten Dr. Shock, but immediately remembered hm when you mentioned him. Dr. Shock's Ghoul school?

There a radio ad I'm hearing a lot for Xfinity Mobile featuring some singer (I guess) with the stage name "Becky G", whoever she is. The commercial is just a mess though. She doesn't sing in it, but her speaking voice is raspy. On top of that, the script makes no sense. It initially sounds like she's having a private conversation with a fan. There's this point where she just randomly says "Hey, we're on the radio" but it doesn't really make any sense.

There a radio ad I'm hearing a lot for Xfinity Mobile featuring some singer (I guess) with the stage name "Becky G", whoever she is. The commercial is just a mess though. She doesn't sing in it, but her speaking voice is raspy. On top of that, the script makes no sense. It initially sounds like she's having a private conversation with a fan. There's this point where she just randomly says "Hey, we're on the radio" but it doesn't really make any sense.

One of the dumbest commercials I've seen in a while, the Nissan ad with costumed drivers that uses "Eastbound and Down" the theme from Smokey and the Bandit. I don't get it. I keep half-expecting a black Firebird to suddenly appear and do donuts around the Nissans. That would be hilarious! I wonder if anyone at the ad agency ever heard of Smokey and the Bandit and the connection with Pontiac to supply cars for the movie.

Back