code P0301 for my 2017 Elantra

Hi,

Today I was driving and my engine light came on and the car felt like it was about to stall and had little power. I drove home about 12 minutes shut off the car, restarted and the engine light was out and engine running normal again. This has happened now about 3 times over the last 10 days or so. I pulled out my Ancel code reader, hooked it up, and got a code "P0301 - Cylinder 1 misfire detected". Any idea what the issue may be?? I popped the hood and everything looks in order, oil is fine, coolant, trans fluid, and new clean air filter, 41,000 miles. This car has run flawlessly until this issue.

I will be taking my car into my mechanic in the morning, but would appreciate any thoughts on the issue!

Thanks
Michael in NJ

Zaedock,
Ok, is this considered a warranty repair with Hyundai? Hyundai warranty is 5 years or 60K. Just wondering if I should do to the dealer, or my independent shop?

You have a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty covering this, if you are the original owner. Take it to dealer.

The coil may be going bad. Check the wiring connector for tightness.

Swap it with cylinder 2 and see if the problem moves.

This is where to start in my opinion ^^^^

Could also be... Welfare spark plugs installed from the factory...

I had that with a Dodge Neon that had only 32,000 miles on it. The car was running terrible and was missing a lot.. Changed the 4 plugs and the car ran perfect from then on. Welfare spark plugs installed at the factory was indeed the problem in that instance with me.

Zaedock,
Ok, is this considered a warranty repair with Hyundai? Hyundai warranty is 5 years or 60K. Just wondering if I should do to the dealer, or my independent shop?

It should take less time to swap a coil than go to the packie for beer, but that's ok.

If you're asking about shops, I would go to the dealer.

Back