Cocked and locked 1911 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: defektes
I carry my 1911s with 1 in the chamber and 8 in the magazine ALWAYS. Hammer down, safety on.

You can't carry a 1911 that way because the safety won't engage with the hammer down.

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
I carry my 1911s with 1 in the chamber and 8 in the magazine ALWAYS. Hammer down, safety on.

You can't carry a 1911 that way because the safety won't engage with the hammer down.

Yep.

I've never heard of problems carrying in condition 1...other than user error. Springfields even pass the California drop test without a firing pin safety.

Much more of a chance having an ND when lowering the hammer on a loaded chamber.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I believe that is the best video and explanation of the workings of a model 1911 that I have ever seen. Who is that woman? She certainly knows her stuff.
her name is Lima & she is a certified firearms instructor.

As long as the thumb safety is stout (doesn't disengage with the wind) and the grip safety functions as designed... all should be well. Just my .02 cents.

Sorry thats what I meant, hammer down as in cocked.

Sorry thats what I meant, hammer down as in cocked.

That's like saying down when you mean up. Don't be surprised when people "misinterpret" what you say. And clarifying by saying, "That's what I meant, down as in up."
smirk2.gif

Hammer down means hammer down, it doesn't mean cocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back