Close up on Toyota/CTS gas pedal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: crw
...I don't care if you have the most powerful engine on the road, the brakes can overcome it!
When I hear the story of an off-duty cop who had his Lexus up to 120mph with a supposed unintended acceleration, I have to shake my head.

NHTSA Report on that accident here. Photo of one brake assembly on page 4.

Originally Posted By: Kiwi_ME
Originally Posted By: crw
...I don't care if you have the most powerful engine on the road, the brakes can overcome it!
When I hear the story of an off-duty cop who had his Lexus up to 120mph with a supposed unintended acceleration, I have to shake my head.

NHTSA Report on that accident here. Photo of one brake assembly on page 4.

Report says that incident was due to the wrong all weather floor mat causing the gas pedal to stick down. Report pages 27 to 29 details the conclusions.

Bottom line...I'm almost 100% CERTAIN that this problem is ELECTRONICALLY based and/or connected with the fact that in order to give the pedal a "natural" (cable throttle) feel they had to introduce other mechanical "add-ons" to achieve this.

The INSANE goal to electify or electroniclly integrate parts that should be solely mechanical in nature is STUPID and DANGEROUS. Perhaps at some future time it will be an goal that could be realized, but not at this time and not for some time into the distant future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back