Clear coat area “peeled” off bumper after power wash. Fixes?

If you’re going to use a pressure washer, you need to bring some common sense along with it. Use a broader tip and don’t get right on the surface. Won’t have any trouble that way. They’re great for cleaning cars though. I almost always use mine when washing.

If you’re going to use a pressure washer, you need to bring some common sense along with it. Use a broader tip and don’t get right on the surface. Won’t have any trouble that way. They’re great for cleaning cars though. I almost always use mine when washing.

True. But if you're applying common sense to washing the painted and clear coat surfaces on your car, you wouldn't need the pressure washer to begin with.

True. But if you're applying common sense to washing the painted and clear coat surfaces on your car, you wouldn't need the pressure washer to begin with.
You're clearly opposed to using a pressure washer. Every professional detailer I've come across uses a pressure washer unless they're doing rinseless washes on barely dusty vehicles... I do that to the old car that lives in the garage, but even that gets a proper wash with the pressure washer every couple years. Nice being able to use the undercarriage cleaning attachment for example.

You're clearly opposed to using a pressure washer. Every professional detailer I've come across uses a pressure washer unless they're doing rinseless washes on barely dusty vehicles...

Just because a detailer uses something, doesn't necessarily make it "better". Or even the best choice. Time is money to a detailer. The quicker they finish one car, the faster they can move on to another.

Pressure washers are fast. They get the job done faster than washing and rinsing a vehicle with city pressure from a garden hose. Pressure washers have a use.

There is nothing that will clean rubber marks, oil stains, or mold off concrete faster. They'll remove peeling paint and stain off wood faster and easier than anything else. And without the use of chemicals or solvents.

They are just not necessary to rinse dirt and soap off the clear coated gloss finish of a vehicle. 1,000+ PSI is not needed, and could be damaging. As was mentioned, dirt lays on the surface of paint. It's not embedded into it. And if it starts becoming more difficult to remove, it's nothing a coat of wax won't cure, and is most likely needed. Not something to blast it off.

The problem is when they paint flexible components like bumpers, they have to correctly mix the elasticizer with the paint. If not done correctly the paint becomes too hard, and can separate from the bumper. If that happens it's only a matter of time before it starts flaking off.
This has not been true for many years. Note the date 2007 on this, now no paint manufacturer that I know of requires it for base/clear. As long as you use the correct primer on the bumper Toyota is the only one that does not prime OE AFAIK there is no issue. For Toyota the primer from polyvance really does the trick.

Finally got around to addressing this. it honestly looks very acceptable for what it is, way better. Wet sanded the area and then finished with clear coat. The white line is just a reflection.
929213A9-9863-46E0-B0B5-A7BDA0E96E48.jpeg

Back