Cleaner Oil with EaO Oil Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Scions, but they are all but non-advertised in various places I have lived. I like the look of the TC when it is dressed up with some of the TRD stuff and aftermarket rims. Nice looking car.

I thought that is was already proven with UOAs. Didn't we have low insolubles and incredible particle counts with the EAO full flow filter already???? I vaguely remember it being called "the full flow that filters like a bypass". Thats the power of the highend filtering media. You get what you pay for, and it pays for itself by extending maintenance and reducing wasted time on maintenance.

Yep, ordered a couple of the EAO-09's for my Corolla.
thumbsup2.gif

I don't know if you can really correlate how clean the oil is with efficiency but I have taken EaO filters to 12k miles (with Amsoil 100% synthetic) with no problem. Oil was definitely darker than new but nothing like it usually was with dino oil.

If you do an EaO search on this thread, there was some extensive discussion and black and white documentation on the filter's unequalled filtration performance. i.e. the used engine oil in my Sequoia was cleaner (by oil analysis) than the oil out of the bottle!! Yes, the EaO is simply the best oil filter currently available...
George Morrison, STLE CLS

For those of you that are about to change to the EAO, try this, well actually two things.

First, pour a little oil into an empty EAO and see what happens. Compare what happens to what you remember about just about any other oil filter.

Second, as you start the engine with an empty filter, take a look at the oil light, see how long it takes for it to go out.

Report back.

I just changed my oil an hour ago and used an EAO-09. I am just now reading this post. As I filled up the filter with oil, it took about 20 seconds for the filter media to soak it up. As usual I made a huge mess as I overfilled it, forgetting that it takes a period to soak up and the level to drop. It finally saturated and made a very low sounding gurgle. When I fired up the car, the oil light went off instantly.

I've noticed the EAO filters "fill up" much quicker than other filters when prefilling.

This filter is without a doubt the best you can buy.

For giggles I ran a visual experiment on 3 cars that had about 2K miles on their OC cycle. The oil was in all cases getting dark enough to make reading the stick very easy.

I pulled the OEM filter and installed the Amsoil filter. Within a couple hundred miles the difference was night and day. Again this was a visual only.

I switched from Mobil 1 filters in my 06 Tacoma and noticed cleaner oil at around 5K from what I was getting before. I am going to be getting the new Dual Remote system that Amsoil is offering sometime in may. Dirty oil will be a thing of the past!
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Saturn_Fan
Mine didn't, but I place absolutely no weight whatsoever in if a filter takes 3 seconds to pre-fill or 15 seconds. That is really splittin' hairs folks.
56.gif

The point was to demonstrate how transparent the synthetic media is to oil flow. Your bearings will receive oil quicker at startup with this filter. You must have experienced this by now. I think it also depends on the oil used. Using the SSO, I always get "instant" oil pressure. That stuff flows like crazy.

One of the benefits of the cleaner oil afforded by the EAO, is that when oil change time comes around and you want to use the same filter, it is not necessary to remove the filter to empty it. Just leave the filter in place and add your new oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back