Citroën Cactus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audi-Japanese fusion design. I'd want it covered with needles like a real cactus.

I like it. Citroen dealers in Michigan?

FACT: I went to Detroit (Livonia, really) and saw a total of 6 foreign cars. 2 old VW beetles, 2 ancient Benz sedans and 2 ancient Jaguar salons. Man, could I even drive through the place in my '02 Volvo?

Citroen is over here again??? They left in a hurry back around 1980, as I recall.

They should re-issue the Citroen Sahara. It has an engine in the front AND in the back! Now THAT'S an "SUV".
CitroenSahara_02_1500.jpg
Citroen-sahara-5.jpg

Originally Posted By: Kira
Citroen dealers in Michigan?

Not that I know of. Heck I never heard of them.LOL

Citroen's "International" site does not list any dealers in the US or Canada. Weirdly, Citroen is in Cooba, but not in Meheeco...
http://www.citroen.com/en

I wonder if Warstud's sighting was of a "test" vehicle?

I saw several in the UK shortly after they went on sale. I genuinely have no idea how one got into the US though.

Likely a test mule, either for citroen themselves, thinking of dipping their toes back in the us market, or for another brand looking to market a badge engendered version in north America.

They already have such deals with fiat.

Or, pure speculation, if not fiat, maybe Nissan.. Iirc Citroen's parent corp also owns Peugeot, and, again iirc, Peugeot and Nissan own something like 40%of each other...
Unless my memory is playing tricks...

Originally Posted By: earlyre

I think thats it. It was in Auburn Hills. Fiat Headquarters.

Likely a test mule, either for citroen themselves, thinking of dipping their toes back in the us market, or for another brand looking to market a badge engendered version in north America.

Or, pure speculation, if not fiat, maybe Nissan.. Iirc Citroen's parent corp also owns Peugeot, and, again iirc, Peugeot and Nissan own something like 40%of each other...

Renault and Nissan.

Originally Posted By: Warstud

I think thats it. It was in Auburn Hills. Fiat Headquarters.

Only the commercial vehicles are badge engineered, though even that isn't strictly true since the engine options are often different. Nearly all Peugeot/citroen commercial vehicles are built by Fiat.

Renault and Nissan.
Here in Colorado you can see a lot of cars that are not on a sale in the U.S. testing at Pikes peak and other high altitude roads.

Love to see them come back here! They have the size to do it, but not sure it would make any sense dealing w/ the certifications, dealer network, etc. for what will, in all likelihood, be a niche brand...think SAAB. Can't see them ever selling many, but like Fiat, more choices for car enthusiasts would be great thing.

The SM is an all time favorite although I will never own one...a technical tour de force by Citroen & Maserati
laugh.gif
, love to drive s friend's then hand the keys back.

I love the Cactus, it's a real looker! They were pretty popular when I was in Spain. Peugeot and Renault have some nice looking vehicles too.

Originally Posted By: Tegger

Citroen's "International" site does not list any dealers in the US or Canada. Weirdly, Citroen is in Cooba, but not in Meheeco...
http://www.citroen.com/en

I wonder if Warstud's sighting was of a "test" vehicle?

I see a lot of Michigan-plated "test" vehicles here, but usually it's one of the big US/Italian three...

Probably a test vehicle and there could be talks about Citroen coming back ala Fiat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back