Citroen coming to US?

My first car (circa 1974) was a 1960 Citroen ID19. Loved that thing!

Here's a fun little romp about the DS. ... comparing the 1956 DS to the Tesla model S.

Originally Posted by Trav
CX Turbo, nice cars.

thumbsup2.gif

the GTI models have always reminded me of Darth Vader
smile.gif
it belongs to same era anyway

edit: this was directed to you Trav

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by edyvw

Nope, only testing. I see them all the time here doing high altitude testing.

They have "high-altitude" mountain roads in Europe, as well......

To certain extent. Some roads here allow better access to altitude above 12.000ft.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Originally Posted by edyvw
Originally Posted by Danno
It may be coming to the US.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a31077590/ds-9-sedan-photos-info/

If I had a nickel for every time French manufacturers introduced answer to Audi, BMW and Mercedes.

The problem with the French cars in the US is that few shops care to learn how to work on them or learn newer technology, just as many shops today
won't even bother to work on modern models because they can't be bothered to learn how. Eventually you will see a lot of small shops go out of business in the next decade.

I am not talking US< I am talking in general.
I owned Peugeot 508 2.2 hdi GT. When 508 came out some decade ago it was also touted as "answer to." As was Renault Safrane, and various other models.
While this 508 was really nice car, where it counts was lacking a lot. Ridiculous torque steer, mediocre automatic transmission, transverse engine, always present understeer, etc. It was extremely comfortable car, especially on open roads, and could hit 150mph with no issue on European HWY's. MPG was excellent for such vehicle, but interior materials, fit and finish etc. were just not on that level. Not to mention absolutely no steering feedback.

As much as I like the Germans, the car market would be an even more boring place if there weren't the Volvos (and SAABs), Alfas/Fiats/Lancias, Renaults, Citroens, Pugs, and the like to offer alternatives.

Peugeot's "large" SUV, the 5008, is about the size of an X3 or Q5, but can swallow five people and their luggage, and has a more flexible seating arrangement. Had one for a week in Europe. 1.6l turbodiesel with a six-speed manual.

The U.S. market is large, but that works against its favor when it comes to variety. There are many interesting vehicles that will never be imported because their volumes wouldn't justify the business cases.

Back