Citgo New Tri Clean additive in there Gas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: wag123
Citgo used to be on the top tier fuel list a few years ago. I wonder what happened?

Probably didn't want to pay the licensing fees.

If this is actually the case, what it tells me is that the top tier fuel list consists of companies that PAY to join the club, not necessarily companies having fuel that QUALIFIES them to join the club.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Citgo used to be on the top tier fuel list a few years ago. I wonder what happened?

Probably didn't want to pay the licensing fees.

If this is actually the case, what it tells me is that the top tier fuel list consists of companies that PAY to join the club, not necessarily companies having fuel that QUALIFIES them to join the club.

That is correct. There have been a few companies out there that are not Top Tier registered but have fuel as good or better than Top Tier requirements. BP was the biggest until recently. Right now there is Sinclair, Citgo, and another one that escapes my memory.

Even though they pay to be Top Tier listed, their gasoline does have to meet the Top Tier minimum standards.

Last edited:
When I printed the list a few years ago, in addition to BP not being on it, Exxon and Mobile were not on it either. Citgo WAS on it.

Originally Posted By: David1
Not worred,

there is something called hear say.

anways plus the dad Im talking about now is not even my real dad... not even half father but 1 of my step fathers..

LOL, I would love for them to track that down.

what a waste of tax payer $ that would be for them to use the man power to track that down.

would be funny IMO

You don't really know what hear say evidence is do you? What we actually have here is a written admission by a co-conspirator.

Although I'm certain the IRS isn't trolling BITOG looking for cases, I really doubt they consider any investigative efforts to track down tax cheats a waste of money or manpower. If you want to know for sure though, I recommend leaving a message with your local IRS office with your name, date of birth, address, phone number, and a brief rundown of your situation and see what they have to say on the matter.

Last edited:

Are you sure about that? I dont remember Citgo ever being on it unless it was on the Canada side. I dont think Citgo ever qualified under the BMW test either.

Originally Posted By: Bamaro

Are you sure about that? I dont remember Citgo ever being on it unless it was on the Canada side. I dont think Citgo ever qualified under the BMW test either.

I printed the list and put it in my glove box so I could refer to it on a trip. I'm looking at it now, Citgo is on it, XOM and BP are not.

I printed the list and put it in my glove box so I could refer to it on a trip. I'm looking at it now, Citgo is on it, XOM and BP are not.

This must have been at the very beginning of the Top Tier program because I've been checking that list for at least 2 and half years and don't ever recall Citgo being on the list, but I do know that Mobil and Exxon have been there for around 2 1/2 years.

No citgo in Canada. Not that I've ever seen anyway

Am I the only one who knows a lot of people who write off everything they think they can get away with? I'm not surprised at this at all. I know a guy who writes off stuff that 2 CPAs told him was illegal. I see stuff like this all the time (I'm not rich enough to deduct any $*!# but if I was I wouldn't want any chance of an audit). Why is everyone surprised? lol.

All the Citgo stations where I live disappeared soon as Venezuela bought them out (interestingly enough). They all turned into 711s or other marts but no gas. I wonder if the owners refused to sell gas under the brand or if Citgo closed them down.

I've done a lot of reading on additives to gas - especially from the station. People really think that a small addition to 13,000 gallons is going to do anything? I imagine that going to a high volume station (clean tanks) is far more beneficial than going to a station that claims additives that have any effect. That said, everyone and their mom seems to think their car runs differently on one gas brand from the next. I can't say I'm certain myself. My Sunfire ran just fine on all gas and my new Honda Civic has even less of an effect when I use different gas.

Good luck with the free fuel. Has to be nice!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete
Where did you go David? Wait.....you didn't call the IRS did you????

Im still here, also IRS. I dont understand, I have a company credit card so I get my gas free. I never said if the car was or was not for company use.

no reason to jump the gun guys.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
In our fleet trucks the fuel brand seems to mean little.

Our gas bill is well in excess of 3k per month and we use the cheapest we can find via Gas Buddy. I cannot recall a fuel related problem at all.

I really think if the gas is fresh and you drive a lot your fuel problems are going to be non-existent.

David, you are GHT reincarnated!

I dunno who GHT is, however like I have said my family owned gas stations for years and they alawys told me never EVER buy gas when you see the GAS TANKER FILLING up the Tanks at a gas station... What it does is splash up setament, even though there are a couple of gas filters the size of OIL filters on the pump and im sure most cars have fuel filters however my point is sometimes you can get a fuel related problems. ( DIRTY GAS ) or even water in the gas.

When my family was in the gas station business the tanker drivers would tell us stories when some dealers would order too much regular gas and not enough Premium gas then tell the truck driver to just add the left over regular gas to the premium tank and 99% the drivers would do this b/c he didn't want to drive all the way back with a full load of gas and back again.

NOW my FAMILY NEVER DID THAT... However many of some stations would do that on purpose to make extra money.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

No citgo in Canada. Not that I've ever seen anyway

I went to store finder on citgo site and there is 1 in Saskatchewan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back