Circle k

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know exactly how it works, but the franchising seem to change all the time. I remember a 76 station that was also a Circle K convenience store. Haven't been there in a few years, but I checked Google Maps for any recent street view, and now the convenience store has some generic name.

Originally Posted by racin4ds
I've always been a Shell and BP top tier guy myself but since moving to Central Florida all we have is Circle K stores and they are usually much cheaper than the Shell stations. My turbocharged 08 Subaru doesn't seem to care one bit, runs the same and gets the same MPG on Shell or Circle K fuel.

Gas that meets Top Tier standards, has higher levels of engine-cleaning additives than non-Top Tier gas. This proves to be very important to many fuel-injected engines.
I couldn't do hours of research, but a cursory look appears to show that pre-'13 Subaru engines were port injected. You don't seem to understand the reason why modern port fuel-injected gas engines need detergent gasoline additives. You might want to read up before commenting again about what does not does not seem be be to you!

Originally Posted by fnbrowning
Originally Posted by racin4ds
I've always been a Shell and BP top tier guy myself but since moving to Central Florida all we have is Circle K stores and they are usually much cheaper than the Shell stations. My turbocharged 08 Subaru doesn't seem to care one bit, runs the same and gets the same MPG on Shell or Circle K fuel.

Gas that meets Top Tier standards, has higher levels of engine-cleaning additives than non-Top Tier gas. This proves to be very important to many fuel-injected engines.
I couldn't do hours of research, but a cursory look appears to show that pre-'13 Subaru engines were port injected. You don't seem to understand the reason why modern port fuel-injected gas engines need detergent gasoline additives. You might want to read up before commenting again about what does not does not seem be be to you!

It's not really Top Tier vs fuel that isn't Top Tier. Top Tier requires test results with a specified level of additive. However, it's possible to have something that would pass the test results without paying for the Top Tier license. For years BP fuel was specifically recommended by BMW even though they opted not to participate in Top Tier licensing. Sunoco also didn't, even though they had a high level of detergents. And I guess the one that everything thinks of is Costco when they started with their "Clean Power" fuel system where they take deliveries of untreated fuel and meter their additive from on-site tanks during delivery. They talked about possibly getting Top Tier certification, but that would have required that all their stations have the minimum level of treatment. They took some time to roll out the system. However, they were advertising that it was 5x the EPA minimum required detergent additive level and most people assumed that it should meet Top Tier requirements. And then one day they had the setup installed in all of their gas stations, they renamed it "Kirkland Signature Gasoline" and the Top Tier signs were up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back