Circle K gasoline

Here in Liberty MO we have four sources, Phillips 66 top tier sold by their stations and the Quick Trips in the KC metro area. This comes from a local Phillips distributor called Zarco 66. Sounds like a holding company to me.

Another choice is non top tier sold by the Casey's General Stores and Hy-Vee grocery stores. Comes from same source in Iowa. Hy-Vee has 91 octane non ethanol. It has that old time smell.

Another choice is Sam's Club. Who knows it source. Might be Murphy's. Top tier yeah/nay?

BP has one station. It has the luscious Amoco Ultimate 93 octane. It really smells like gasoline. IMO the sleeper of premier fuels. The closest Shell is about 12 miles away. Sinclair came and went.

There is just no Exxon, Mobil, Chevron. Sunoco ect. Choices are narrowing.
Se

Seldom get to Liberty but most of the KC interstates seem well served by Top Tier stations. I guess most of my gas purchases are at one of the Blue Springs area QT stations. I probably buy as much QT in KC as I do at home since I'm only about five miles from a Costco. Don't think I've ever bought non Top Tier in KC. When Circle K dropped Top Tier I dropped Circle K.

I just went into the store locator in the link in post #28 and HOLY HEAVENS, there sure are saturation zones for Circle K.
Take a look at Tampa, FL and around L.A., CA if you want to see "computer thumb tacks" piled upon each other.
It appears there are no Circle K stations in NJ.
We make up for that with DELTA stations; all of which are Indian owned.
Gone are the "Garden State Gas" stations. I wonder if "Power Test" is still in the Bronx.

I just went into the store locator in the link in post #28 and HOLY HEAVENS, there sure are saturation zones for Circle K.
Take a look at Tampa, FL and around L.A., CA if you want to see "computer thumb tacks" piled upon each other.
It appears there are no Circle K stations in NJ.
We make up for that with DELTA stations; all of which are Indian owned.
Gone are the "Garden State Gas" stations. I wonder if "Power Test" is still in the Bronx.
My guess is C-store development in NJ is repressed by not being able to pump your own. Only gassed up a few times there but usually seen only small bodega type things rather than modern cStores. Don't think Buc-ces will be arriving anytime soon. Always thought it strange that northeast stores didn't have 60oz cups of soda. Must be healthier there LOL.

A local 76 turned into a circle k. But it still has a 76 logo I think? I don't recall. Honestly to me gas is gas and I shop based on price and convenience.

Circle K has a top tier fuel called Miles by Circle K I thought. I was under the impression Circle K was slowly updating their fuel centers to Miles that weren’t currently branded by a major oil company.
Maybe it’s not officially a top tier fuel I can’t remember truthfully.

The only problem I have is they claim to be top tier but they are not on the list. They were on the list in 2018 but not now.

The only problem I have is they claim to be top tier but they are not on the list. They were on the list in 2018 but not now.
Where have you seen the claim?
I know my local Circle K is a Circle K convenience store with Valero gas, Top Tier branding on the pumps, and Valero is Top Tier.
Down the street is a Circle K convenience and gas, with no Top Tier branding at the pumps.

Where have you seen the claim?
I know my local Circle K is a Circle K convenience store with Valero gas, Top Tier branding on the pumps, and Valero is Top Tier.
Down the street is a Circle K convenience and gas, with no Top Tier branding at the pumps.

Top Tier adoption and I'll start occasionally buy there ( still 90 percent Costco). QT is off my list cause it's a center of no mask retail and I'm an old sick geezer. I guess sub branding gets them past the requirement that all locations must follow along. As a side, didn't know Circle K was that big in Eastern Europe and Russia--I've seen presence in Western Europe, and I'll kind of miss Kangaroo.

A station that large pumps thousands of gallons a week. If there was a problem with it word would get out fast.

You hit the nail on the head Chris!! Sales volume is much more important than brand. Almost all Circle K fuel is unbranded coming out of either Phillips 66 or Kinder Morgan refineries. That fuel has a set amount of state/federal regulated additives.

Name brand fuels have in addition to "regulated additives", their own formulations that meet or exceed state/federal requirements.

That is from 2018. Seems they were Top Tier back then (or in process of getting it), but currently are not (who knows why).
Yep that's the point. Over here Circle k took over all Exxon convenience stores but kept Exxon gas. I stopped in there and bought cigarettes with my Exxon card which they claimed they didn't except but it went through. Cashier's freak out when I go to gas up and authorize then pay from my phone. The other Circle K stores have Miles gas that is not Top Tier that I can find. I run Exxon almost exclusively.

I used to sometimes use Circle K gas when I lived in NC over 10 years ago. Best I remember the one I bought gas from was 76. I always buy whatever I can find cheapest which in my hometown is usually Murphy or Marathon. I've been driving 45 years and have never worried about gas brands other than staying away from Citgo. Years ago I bought Citgo some until I noticed every time I used their gas my mileage would drop by a few MPG.

Circle K gasoline suppliers vary from region to region. Up until just a few months ago, I was delivering fuel almost exclusively to Circle K stores. The branded stores varied in brands between Marathon, ExxonMobil, BP, and Shell. The unbranded stores varied between unbranded product from ExxonMobil, Marathon and other holders such as Trafigura (same thing sold at our local Sam's, Murphy Expresses, Krogers and Ingles).

I've also seen various independent/franchise Circle K stores with 76 marquee signs.

I don't mind them. It seems like they're a lot more cleaner and busier than most Mobile/Exxon, and some BP and shell stations.

I normally just use my local speedway. They have the most pumps, I have their loyalty card, and is usually the busiest gas station within a 10 mile radius. There's two of them by me, right across the light from one another. Funny story, one of the gas stations was a Gulf but didn't have a lot of customers. The original owner of the Speedway got divorced and the ex-Wife bought the Gulf, turned it into a speedway, and bought how her now-ex-husband's Speedway.

How's this for a combination? One gas station was previously a 76 station, then an independent. It did have some alternative fuels too with Propel branded E85 and Diesel HPR at separate pumps. It was kind of sad looking with old equipment and an aging building with just a small selection of candy and I think an old service bay that seemed to be closed all the time. I saw it was closed for a while and I just passed by and see it's a combination Valero, Burger King, and Circle K.

It's really interesting because there are't too many Circle K location around here. I remember a few near the Sacramento area, where one was just a standalone convenience store and the other was combined with a 76 station.

Back