Circle K gasoline

Cirkle K gas station has been here now for some years and is considered to be the same quality fuel along with the Shell and Esso (Exxon) gas stations here in Norway, additives can differs some.

Last edited:
If it is a busy station, I wouldn't worry for a minute, gas will be nice and fresh. The station looks new and shiny, I'd imagine the tanks are new underground as well, no worries.

We use Shell only in our vehicles. We have one half a mile from home and use it exclusively, it is also a Circle K. I hope this doesn't happen to our location or I will be driving further to fill up. I won't use unbranded gasoline.

Ever since Circle K monopolized the entire d a m n e d country I cant find a Mobbil or BP in my area. Its ridiculous. We have one busy corner and there are freaking Circle Ks on 3 of the corners. Its stupid. So what is the quality of this gas? No one knows where it comes from. I've always preferred top tier and now they have all vanished.
I used Circle K gas in Florida because I read a 2018 list that had them as Top Tier. But I don't see Circle K on the latest list of Top Tier retail brands. I'll continue with Shell and Marathon.

Circle K is an international convenience store franchise, but individual stores sell a ton of different brands of fuel in different regions or maybe even in the same town. I've seen Shell, 76, and Exxon in addition to Circle K branding on the pumps before.

Circle K here is Phillips 66 Top Tier. I don't like their managment because of their smarta$$ attitude. So buy out of town. I'm going anyway. I 90% use Shell with the rest being BP or VP stations.

Last Circle K I saw was firmly Shell, however that was, ohhhh, 9 or 10 years ago and I don't think I have seen one or paid much attention to it.

What I do see, in no particular order are

Speedway
Marathon
Pilot
Flying J
T/A
That one is across from a BP and the BP costs one cent more or less

If I am in Kentucky ? I see Love's
North.. T/A
And Flying J
And Pilot.
They are everywhere.

Shell consistently costs the most

Speedway and the truck stops put up a good fight for lowest price

Exxon never seems to be price competitive but is top tier I believe

Local grocery store chain with who knows what kind of fuel ties the lowest price, also again a Speedway (which absorbed Hess and is now about to be re-branded, again, to.. more Marathon ? So they will all be Marathon stores ? ? Some stations that will be a 2nd rebranding)

There are more

I drive a regular car, not old, not high performance or anything else. I've used Circle K for thousands of miles with no issues.

Yeah, you have to buy a membership to purchase gas. I figure I save enough on gas alone in year to pay for the membership fee. If the location wasn't so convenient, I probably wouldn't bother but its right on the way to and from work for us.

Strange things are afoot at the Cirlcle K.
giphy.gif

Here in Liberty MO we have four sources, Phillips 66 top tier sold by their stations and the Quick Trips in the KC metro area. This comes from a local Phillips distributor called Zarco 66. Sounds like a holding company to me.

Another choice is non top tier sold by the Casey's General Stores and Hy-Vee grocery stores. Comes from same source in Iowa. Hy-Vee has 91 octane non ethanol. It has that old time smell.

Another choice is Sam's Club. Who knows it source. Might be Murphy's. Top tier yeah/nay?

BP has one station. It has the luscious Amoco Ultimate 93 octane. It really smells like gasoline. IMO the sleeper of premier fuels. The closest Shell is about 12 miles away. Sinclair came and went.

There is just no Exxon, Mobil, Chevron. Sunoco ect. Choices are narrowing.

Here in SE Washington, Circle K's are usually all Exxon-branded stations, with an occasional Mobil thrown in. I use it often, as it's usually the lowest priced of the major brands. Never any problems and get good gas mileage with it.

Closest Circle K to me has Valero pumps, but it used to be a Stop-n-go/Diamond Shamrock before that.
All the new Circle K stores are Circle K branded gas. No info on them at all though. I fill up at them on occasion.

Guess I am lucky though, I have a Valero (it is Top Tier, and where I fill most often due to price), Stripes, Walmart, Kroger, Citgo, Chevron, Mobil (x3) and Shell (x5) within 1.5 miles of me. You can almost triple the number of stations if you go out 2 miles (with 3 Circle K only stations).

Back