Chrysler Jeep dealer w/ NEW 2005, 06, 07, 08 cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I hadn't seen it myself, I wouldn't have believed it.

Today, I found a Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealer with NEW 2005 models ON THE LOT.

They had 3 new 2005's. A Dark Red PT Cruiser Convertible, a Blue Stratus SXT, and a White 300 Wagon AWD with leather.

They had a new 2006 Dark Silver 300 Wagon. And a handful of assorted 2007-2008 models. One of the 2007's was a Sebring Sedan (light blue).

I really wish I had a camera with me. I simply couldn't believe it. Brand new cars that have sat on the lot for THAT long.

Any of those 2005's could have been built in late 2004, and could be nearly 5 years old at this point.

I just checked, this dealer was NOT on the list of 789 dealers to have their dealerships pulled by Chrysler either....

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

For whatever reason, if a dealer has a new vehicle on a lot this long, they will not sell them, or if they do, there is no price markdown.
If I were you, get on the telephone and ask them about the 2005 vehicles and how much they want for them. They probably want MSRP or higher.
I would not want a new vehicle sitting on the lot this long. I bet they give you no warranty.

those 05 models transmission will break down as soon as you pull out of that lot.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Kruse

For whatever reason, if a dealer has a new vehicle on a lot this long, they will not sell them, or if they do, there is no price markdown.
If I were you, get on the telephone and ask them about the 2005 vehicles and how much they want for them. They probably want MSRP or higher.
I would not want a new vehicle sitting on the lot this long. I bet they give you no warranty.

Because there aren't any manufacturer incentives on anything that old?

So what's the dealer going to do, ignore the cars and hope they go away?

There was over $250,000 in '05-'08 inventory sitting there, and that isn't including the months/years of interest that the dealer has eaten while the cars just sat there.

That dealer has someone ordering his/her vehicles that doesn't know what they're doing.

No way you stock those models with those options in those colors.

They should have been taken to auction after the 2nd year and sold to the highest bidder, no matter what the bid.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
those 05 models transmission will break down as soon as you pull out of that lot.
grin2.gif

My brother-in-law was telling me his Caravan has a limp home mode in case the transmission breaks. I was thinking to myself why not make a transmission that does not break in the first place?
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: mstrjon32
They had a 300 Wagon? I thought they only sold those in Europe.

That was my thought as well. He probably meant the Magnum.
wink.gif
The 300 Wagon is just a Magnum with a facelift anyway.

I'll never understand why this happens at a car dealership. You'd think mgmt would be getting ageing reports and know exactly how long each car has been on the lot.

Those cars were paid for a long time ago. They can't stay on floor plan indefinitely. Where is the company accountant in all this? You'd think he'd be screaming to get rid of these cars that have been on the books forever.

Unless the price is really right, they're almost unsellable now. If it were me, I'd offer the cars up for a special auction, some kind of raffle or promotion where the cars go to charity or something. Turn it into a positive situation for the dealer and the community.

Every once in a while you run up on odd situations like this. A few years back, I was looking at a very small rural Chevy dealer here in Maine (since closed). They had a 3 year old "new" S-10 single cab, longbed 4 wheel drive pickup -- kind of an odd duck. It was the 4.3L V6, automatic on the column, and manual shift transfer case. Long story short, after a few weeks of talking back & forth, I bought the truck at a very good deal. The dealer, though very small, did not have any other "old" new vehicles. This was one, that for whatever reasons, just did not move when it was "current".

Changed the oil, waxed it, and drove it for several years with only one issue -- the rear pinion seal started leaking during the first year - fixed under warranty - no other issues at all.

And speaking of warranty - no issues at all. The 3yr/36K started the day I bought the truck, as it was new, 100 or so miles on it from test drives, and still on open MSO.

Chrysler's poor quality in the first place would be my hesitation in this situation, though. Don't think I would gamble with these cars.

They had 3 new 2005's. A Dark Red PT Cruiser Convertible, a Blue Stratus SXT, and a White 300 Wagon AWD with leather.

They had a new 2006 Dark Silver 300 Wagon. And a handful of assorted 2007-2008 models. One of the 2007's was a Sebring Sedan (light blue).

I really wish I had a camera with me. I simply couldn't believe it. Brand new cars that have sat on the lot for THAT long.

Any of those 2005's could have been built in late 2004, and could be nearly 5 years old at this point.

I just checked, this dealer was NOT on the list of 789 dealers to have their dealerships pulled by Chrysler either....

Ya what gets me is that the local Hyundai/Subaru dealer has several Tiburons(sp), that are 2008's not only at full sticker but ALL the cars on the lot have "local market adjusted price" added to the retail price. Usually 300-800 depending on the car. Unbelieveable...Hyundai's with a up charge..no wonder dealerships can't sell [censored].

That is the reason they have those vehicles... this dealership does a lot of sales volume and may have picked up those vehicles from another dealership.

I am surprised they did not turn them into demonstrators a long time ago for the sales staff to run around with... then sell them at a discount.

Originally Posted By: Paul56

That is the reason they have those vehicles... this dealership does a lot of sales volume and may have picked up those vehicles from another dealership.

I am surprised they did not turn them into demonstrators a long time ago for the sales staff to run around with... then sell them at a discount.

Unfortunately not. This dealership was listed as the "Ship to" dealer on the window sticker.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
Why would you even consider a Fiatrysler at all???? Even if the price was right I would not purchase one....

+1

I am waiting for the Fiat 300C Chrysler.

Originally Posted By: peterdes
500 look like a bug. Punto looks sporty. I vote the punto.

Yeah, I've got to admit I've got a thing for "hot" hatchbacks like the Grande Punto Abarth Esseesse. The Grande Punto would do an excellent job of filling an open position in the Chrysler LLC line-up. It's versatile and big enough to be acceptable to North American consumers, while returning high MPG numbers. Besides, I'd love to do my own side-by-side GTI and GPAE comparison test.
grin2.gif

For those of you who do not expect much from the Fiat-Chrysler linkup, just look at the other companies in the Fiat Group.

Iveco medium and heavy trucks. Case-New Holland farm tractors and machinery, and Case now includes the old International Harvester Company. Steyr tractors. Kobelco heavy excavation equipment. Buses, fire engines, and other commercial vehicles. And of course Ferraris, Maseratis, and Alfa Romeos.
kobelco_sx.jpg

iveco_sx.jpg

steyr_sx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back