Chrysler 300M

Due to rust issues going to retire my 2004 Jeep GC. Like having an extra car around for errands/winter use. Always liked the looks of the 300M, should i stay away? Going to look at one this week with 134k miles with new timing belt water pump and brakes/rotors. Asking price is $3500 no accidents. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Saw one yesterday. There weren't a lot sold and it hasn't been in production for 17 years so I'm not surprised you don't see them much.

The usual 42LE issues and I think the steering rack mounts and inner tie rods can be an issue.

Due to rust issues going to retire my 2004 Jeep GC. Like having an extra car around for errands/winter use. Always liked the looks of the 300M, should i stay away? Going to look at one this week with 134k miles with new timing belt water pump and brakes/rotors. Asking price is $3500 no accidents. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Find something else bud. The only good thing about that car is that you will be very comfortable in those seats, while waiting for a tow truck on the side of the road. Often.

I had a family member who bought 2002 Chrysler Concorde new, around the 100k mile mark it had engine and transmission issues. I had a neighbor with I think a 2004 300M and the transmission had been replaced twice with under 100K miles on the clock. I’d stay far away.

OP appears to be leaning toward a particular mfg based on his sig. Perhaps not; he has not indicated that reliability is of any concern.

I generally recommend that if having a reliable 2nd hand car around is important, it is prudent to pick a car known 1st hand for reliability as a starting point.

You might like the early 2000s Acura 3.5RL. I think they made it until 2004, so the same time period as the 300M. It is FWD with a longitudinal engine 3.5L and has a timing belt.

Thanks for all the replies, hate to say it but I'm going to walk on this. Not looking for aggravation.

You might like the early 2000s Acura 3.5RL. I think they made it until 2004, so the same time period as the 300M. It is FWD with a longitudinal engine 3.5L and has a timing belt.
Is that the LS400 look-alike? Always loved the look, rode as a passenger one time and loved the ride quality. But didn't these have transmission issues too? I know the transverse mounted Acura TL/MDX had tranny issues, but wasn't sure about that longitudinal RL. I do know that mid-2000s RL, with SH-AWD, did have tranny issues.

Back