Christmas reefs and cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fellas to get in the christmas mood i added a reef to the front of my truck. Ive heard stories that they cause over heating so after adding the reef i went for a spin and all was good. Since my temp gauge didnt move past what it reads normally will this anyway change the cooling and the performance of my rig? Thanks.

I don't see why not if its a normal donut shaped reef, and not some solid contraption that blocks air flow entirely.

Alex.

lol.gif

A reef may be a little large to hang on the grill, then there is the fish and salt water you have to deal with.
on the other hand a wreath is much smaller and probably won't cause any problems at all.
cheers.gif

I forget what they are called, but you will see school buses in the winter time with covers over their front grills. I guess these makes the engine warmer. I can't see any harm with your idea. Merry Christmas.

I've been using a small wreath on the front of my Expedition for several Christmases, and have never had a problem.

I think the minimal airflow blockage is borderline insignificant.

That being said, I'd never put it on while towing the boat thru the desert in the middle of the summer, but if I did I think cooling issues would be the least of my worries...
cheers.gif

Yeah, I wondered about that, too - must be a regional thing near the coasts, huh? Here, in inland California, we typically see wreaths attached to large truck grillwork during the holidays - I wonder why that practice never caught on closer to the coasts...
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back