Christmas greed or capitalism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: ZZman
Originally Posted By: bbhero
True in indeed Johnny Johnson.

ZZ sounds like you like Marxism. Let's just say it doesn't work so well. It's been tried. = Fails.

Not at all. I believe in capitalism that works for all. A society where all do better not just the few at the top. You know, like after WW II and the late 70's when the middle class grew and income and wealth inequality were less.

It isn't as simple as using catch phrases like "inequality". It's fluid. Many folks will rise up and down the income scale during a lifetime. Very few remain at the top. Capitalism has it's ups and downs....just like real life does. It's done more for more people in the world than any other system....period.
Here is some info on a study done on this 1%, class warfare hogwash. http://fortune.com/2015/03/02/economic-inequality-myth-1-percent-wealth/

Those Occupy Wall Street people are like nasty filthy roaches....

Trust me....I live fairly close to Seattle...and it is INFESTED with these people.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Well I did just read where an injury lawyer gave two of his kids multi million dollar birthday parties.... Smh

Karma.

Those Occupy Wall Street people are like nasty filthy roaches....

Because they believe wealth redistribution should go down to the many instead of up to the few? Never forget history has lived thru Kings and Land barons. The middle class is a fairly new thing.

I'm obviously a capitalist, but that makes me know a lot of things about American Capitalism that I really don't like.

A lot of what we call "business" is in fact "fraud with a license". Literally if a regular person did the same thing with a fraction of the gains, they would spend life in prison.

The government engages in more than enough market manipulation to make sure some succeed (rich or not), and others don't. I'm not even talking conspiracy. I'm talking about the stuff that's said and done right out in the open to "stabilize" a market or ensure "confidence" in an industry.

The thing that will always disgust people about capitalism is that at the end of the day, it's quite the dirty game of taking something from someone else. It is pretty much a guarantee that there will be an unfair hand in this operation having taken place. Then there are the numerous monsters who legitimately want to see the middle class back living in shacks with no water, heat, or toilet. It also requires strategy and money to truly play, so at the end of the day, it's no wonder the wealthy are likely to get wealthier and the poor likely to stay there or get worse.

The wealthy people in South Florida pretty much have no interest in participating financially in the community, which is why I catch them in their unavoidable need and their most desirable vice: Food Supply and Boats.

I'd considered joining the legitimate entertainment Industry as well, but have no desire to be stabbed, shot, or supply drugs.

But at the end of the day, there's no such thing as capitalism. We have our very twisted version of it called American Capitalism which is really nothing like the former at all.

ZZman,

There's a few millionaires on BITOG, none of them are handling out cash to low income people and redistributing their wealth.... neither do celebrities on TV.

ZZman,

There's a few millionaires on BITOG, none of them are handling out cash to low income people and redistributing their wealth.... neither do celebrities on TV.

That is what the progressive tax rates and charity are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back