Chraftsman, USA vs. China

For fun here are the proto compared to the new craftsman.
IMG_20210224_224054284.jpg

Now the 3/8 new craftsman next to the 1/2 inch blackhawk!
The 3/8 craftsman is a large a head as the 1/2 blackhawk!
IMG_20210224_224125747.jpg

I have an Craftsman VersaStack Toolbox, which carries the classic warranty. The other day, I noticed a huge crack in the bottom. Since I love the toolbox, I decided to try taking up on the warrenty at Lowes like the good ole days at Sears; expect this time I had the recepit when I bought it in May. To my surprise, they gave me a refund on a gift card, bought a brand new VersaStack box and I was on my way!

For fun here are the proto compared to the new craftsman.
View attachment 46850
Now the 3/8 new craftsman next to the 1/2 inch blackhawk!
The 3/8 craftsman is a large a head as the 1/2 blackhawk!
View attachment 46851
You can see the origins of these ratchets in the handle design. The Blackhawk are Krauter (lower priced and owned by SK) from over 50 years ago and the other are Armstrong.
This is the first set I ever bought for myself when I was 13 years old (mine is long gone but I found this one for sale).

s-l1600.jpg

You can see the origins of these ratchets in the handle design. The Blackhawk are Krauter (lower priced and owned by SK) from over 50 years ago and the other are Armstrong.
This is the first set I ever bought for myself when I was 13 years old (mine is long gone but I found this one for sale).

View attachment 47162
I like the feel of the blackhawk. But i also like the oil port craftsman for some reason. The new 1/2 inch craftsman is so large it is almost unusable.
Even my snap on 3/8 flex head ratchet is equal to or smaller than the newer 3/8 craftsman.

The heads on the Craftsman are huge I wouldn't want them. I have a few ratchets that I dont like them, the Wright 1/2" round head I used one time for one or 2 bolts and never picked it up again, I will probably fleabay the thing. The Williams round head is so much nicer to use and half the price.

The heads on the Craftsman are huge I wouldn't want them. I have a few ratchets that I dont like them, the Wright 1/2" round head I used one time for one or 2 bolts and never picked it up again, I will probably fleabay the thing. The Williams round head is so much nicer to use and half the price.
Always looking for a good ratchet how much you want for it?

Back