Choices for Replacement Mainshaft Bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's finally that time. I've got my clutch kit ordered(p/n EXEDY 08022, OEM).

Now, my last concern is how reliable any aftermarket Main shaft/Input Shaft Bearing is? Brand dependent?

I have a few options locally, if one couldn't get the dealer part, are any of the following reputable?

An Altrom Import with a p/n of ATM 0772905 (Napa).

A National Ball Bearing at AAP, a p/n of 207(sounds like a generic part to me? the Altrom looks more application specific).

The dealer part is probably around $35, and I'm leaning that way, just perhaps this thread is all I need for that extra push to go that route.
thumbsup2.gif

Link to part needed(item #9 in the image):

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto...+CLUTCH+HOUSING

Not knowing what the other prices are, it's hard to say, but for that low a cost, I'd go with the OEM.

If I read the picture right, going with the discounted internet price, it's really cheap. Not knowing the quality of the other brands is a factor in my book. I'd only want to do that job once.
smile.gif

A word on the Altrom, if you didn't already know. They buy from the original equipment manufacturer. So, who the O.E. sources their parts from, the Altrom finds that manufacturer and buys that same part for aftermarket resale. It could be one of 4 different manufacturers for a given part, but still an O.E. supplier.

I re-checked and it seems the National brand p/n 207 is actually for #10 in the Honda Automotive site's picture. So, that means I'm down to Altrom from Napa or Dealer part. The dealer wants $31.xx + tax, so I went ahead and had them hold onto the part for me to pick up. Difference of about $10 is worth the assurance.

Though, I noticed the Altrom had NTN stamped in the picture and the Honda site(which is typically OEM anyway) had the other bearings with NTN, but after shipping etc, it's just more simple this way in the event there is no play in the main shaft and that was an unnecessary buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back