CHINA and KUWAIT : believe it involves ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROYAL DUTCH SHELL as well . Refineries to be built in southern CHINA . Should we be concerned ?

Last edited:
Concerned about what?

I'm concerned for the future of America.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pbm
Concerned about what?

I'm concerned for the future of America.
thumbsup2.gif

future of AMERICA is through CHINA . The more cars being bought ( AMERICAN , JAPANESE , etc. ) are those in need of fuel . Thus more refineries , meaning more oil . Therefore , less to be imported to the STATES . Many countries are exporting less oil and keeping more for their own present / future needs and helping to keep oil prices higher or not to sink below $30 ( example ) a barrel . Leading to higher gas prices . What comes around goes around .

I haven't heard anything about Shell, but if there is a connection then it is through a contract to aid in the development of the refinery and petrochemical complex. This is further Kuwaiti investment in China, just as there are other investments in many European countries. Take a look at Kuwait Petroleum.

For those missing history our politicians gave the corps the abiltiy to turn this USA from an industrial powerhouse to a third world dictatorship and the majority of people haven't quite grasped the idea.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
I haven't heard anything about Shell, but if there is a connection then it is through a contract to aid in the development of the refinery and petrochemical complex. This is further Kuwaiti investment in China, just as there are other investments in many European countries. Take a look at Kuwait Petroleum.
stated SHELL on the news that I seen . Might have been BLOOMBERG .

bit of a slap to the 'ol kisser of UNCLE SAM . No ? Money talks , we walk ( literally ) . ;- )

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: smokey1
stated SHELL on the news that I seen . Might have been BLOOMBERG .

I'll have a look on Bloomberg. A lot of research and product development is done overseas, especially where products such as lubricants are concerned. The overseas subsidiary also acts as an agent for these products to be sold abroad. A lot of logistics there. They also carry strategic importance - for instance, Kuwait Petroleum develop a lot of their base oils in the Netherlands.

With China being such a huge market, there's huge potential there. Especially when you take into account factors such as cost cutting. You want to be able to position yourself strategically to meet demand in the most cost effective way possible, and benefit from other aspects such as JIT.

If they have so much lithium ...they should have very little mental illness.

That's a side effect of living in Waco, Tex. There is a lack of incidence of mental illness. They attribute it (or data suggests) to the higher lithium levels in the water.

Read a New Scientist (I think) article on "Peak Lithium", in spite of the quantities that Rincon and the like have access too, apparently it's only a tiny fraction of what's required to do the job that it needs to achieve.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
If they have so much lithium ...they should have very little mental illness.

That's a side effect of living in Waco, Tex. There is a lack of incidence of mental illness. They attribute it (or data suggests) to the higher lithium levels in the water.

And here I always thought that the nick name was Wacko, Tx, and that people down there always seemed a bit off. Maybe if I go down there and drink the water I really will become just like them.
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back