Chia, flax, hemp and pumpkin seeds

Ground Flax seeds - with oatmeal and whey.
Hemp hearts - with split pigeon peas, buckwheat groats, and quinoa as a microwaved casserole.
Chia mixed into boiling water - great breakfast for cold days.
Haven't had pumpkin seed since we carved pumpkins as a kid for Halloween.
We used to soak the pumpkin seeds in very salty water then broil them in the oven.

Pumpkin seeds on salads.

Chia seeds sparingly in smoothies as I don't love the gel-like texture they develop when they absorb water. Some people use that quality intentionally to make puddings and thicken other recipes.

Hemp hearts in smoothies and as a topping for oatmeal - they seem to be a source of good fats and other beneficial stuff.

If you eat cereal for breakfast and have Aldis nearby, they have a couple of types of very good mixes. It's a cheap and quick way of seeing if you like it.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I toss seeds in with waffles/pancakes/breads/meatloafs/stuffedwhatevers....

Usually, when something becomes of a popular fad, and the industry takes off to support the sales volumes, the benefits nose dive drastically. Enjoy your industrial grown gmo plant seeds, chemically fertilized pesticided herbicided and sewer/waste watered. Good luck finding quality seeds. There is major cashing in on 'marketing' labels, unknown policing of said labels, and unknown source of the seeds.

Some can grow/harvest their own seeds easily(potted plants, yard garden, greenhouse). Others might get raided because some seeds look so-sinister.

First thing in the morning, I squeeze juice from one lime and dump a tablespoon of chia seeds in it and chug it down. Supposedly it helps with digestion.

When I make salads, I usually sprinkle some pumpkin seeds over it. Make sure not to have too many pumpkin seeds in one go as it can make you stomach feel heavy.

Last edited:
seeds and nuts vary with some being carby + mostly omega 6 fats which most of us get too much but depending on your goals most are pretty decent. we are all somewhat different + our overall eating habits are what effect health + unless you really require 3 meals daily 2 is best + NO snacks + of course be aware of liquid death as drinking the wrong stuff can be as bad or worse than poor food choices as noted by the pros!

Back