Chevy engine cleaning question post LC flush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends. My folks have a 90 Chevy Corsica, w/ 3.1 liter V6. Look inside through the oil cap and saw it looked fairly grimy. Oil was very dirty too after less than 3K miles. The car has been maintained fairly well, but oil changes haven't been as frequent as they should have been. Just before the oil change, I put in 14 oz. of LC and idled (up and down) it for about 20 min. After the oil change, still seeing some dark gunk in the cam area. Car is running fairly well, but need to make it last for my folks. Any suggestions? Do the LC flush again at the next oil change? Don't know if it's burning any oil or not, my folks don't think it is but they don't check it very often.

PS- Just did the AutoRx in my 2002 Honda Accords V6, 39K miles. Bought it at 30K miles, didn't know how well it had been maintained, so did the Rx. Seems to be pretty clean (before and after), engine is pretty young. Also: I left a bottle with 16 oz. of LC on the workbench in the garage, my folks live in western PA, temps have been down to low teens, single digits. LC wasn't much effected by the cold, flowed very well.

The normal application of this is what, 2 oz per quart at th2 oil change so you are looking at 4-6 ounces with new oil then an ounce every 1000-1500 miles. So for a cleaning application it would appear that 6-8 ounces for the last 200-500 miles before an oil change would be very reasonable. In fact, I have done that.

What does the web site say about length of time and amount to use for a cleaning cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back