Chevron Supreme = Texaco Havoline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the data sheets for Havoline now read identical to Chevron Supreme?

Which oil changed? The Chevron or the Texaco?

I ask because Texaco Havoline used to meet the JASO T903 "MA" (motorcycle combined transmission w/ wet clutch) specification and I'm wondering if it still does.

RM

i was just on the Chevron site. I looked up Havoline 5-30. Havoline ccp has changed from 6040 at -30 to 5300 at -30. Ithink i will have to switch my Jeep over to Havoline after reading that!

[ June 13, 2002, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: JonS ]

Are there other car oils that have the JASO MA designation? I know the Moto Mobil and Amsoil meet this spec.

While visiting the Havoline site I noticed they made mention of Havoline Formula 3 motor oil,mainly sold in Europe. Today I saw Havoline oil at an Ace Hardware store and the tag on the shelve said Havoline Formula 3. The actual oil bottle said no such thing.

Does anyone know the Spec.for the formula 3 oil?
Or where it may be found?

Bill

Bill:
Can't remember where I saw it, but I read that the formula-3 was a new oil (conventional) a few years back, and they heavily advertised "NEW FORMULA 3, ADD MORE LIFE TO YOUR CAR!!!) but since then that is just the current oil. I bet before long it may be called HAVRON, or maybe CHEVROLINE oil, who knows.
As far as I'm concerned, the oil that I have out in my garage right now is formula-3 too, just doesn't say it on the bottle.

It appears a couple of posts are missing from a few days ago. One of the posts said something to the effect that if the bottle said Equilon it was still the Havoline formula. If not it was the Chevron formula.
It could have been in another thread but I sure thought it was this one

yes, I too thought it was here, and I wrote it. As I understand it, ChevronTexaco had to leave the formulas behind at Equilon with Shell. So they have changed the products they make under the Texaco label. I don't know all of the changes, but it would appear that the Chevron made Havoline is similar to the Supreme, but Supreme uses ISOSYN base, which they do not claim for Havoline. I believe Equilon continues to make the old formula, but I am not really close to that market. Chevron also makes Amoco oils.

It's still right where you all put it.
grin.gif

Best o.t.c. conventional (reply # 45)

Just goto the search feature and do a search. Neat thing is if you posted it you can search on just your # and it will pull every post you ever made.

quote:

Originally posted by BOBISTHEOILGUY:
It's still right where you all put it.
grin.gif

Best o.t.c. conventional (reply # 45)

Just goto the search feature and do a search. Neat thing is if you posted it you can search on just your # and it will pull every post you ever made.

Yikes, if anyone does that under my member number they'll have a lot of reading to do! I'm a chatterbox!

phone.gif

lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back