Chevron Oil Products

Hi everyone, Just bought me a nice 08' Chevy Impala "SS" and my brother told me he saw in the dealerships service bay the they use Chevron oil. Since this engine uses specified 5W-30 weight oil I wondered how good this product is since I intende to use the internal "oil life monitor" to tell me when service is needed. Also the instruction manual indicates no specified oil so I wonder if my engine uses M1 as astandard. What you all thin??? Durango

Chevron makes a high quality oil, use it with confidence. As I've been told, Chevron developed the refining process to make higher quality oils; as such their conventional oils are group II+. But I haven't verified this for myself. What I can say is I've never been done wrong by any Chevron product (gas, oil, techron fuel additive, etc), and I use Havoline conventional in my car right now (Texaco, who makes Havoline, is owned by Chevron). As I said Chevron makes a quality oil that can be used without worries. Do a search on here and you'll see that Chevron and Havoline are regarded well on here

I wholeheartedly agree with BoiseRob and sicko- Chevron lube products are outstanding, and in my opinion their Delo 400 is the best non-synthetic oil made.

Excellent oils, I genuinely believe they are at the top of the heap when it comes to conventional oils.

Originally Posted By: Crashbox
I wholeheartedly agree with BoiseRob and sicko- Chevron lube products are outstanding, and in my opinion their Delo 400 is the best non-synthetic oil made.
Ditto!

Chevron Supreme was the darling of BITOG 7 or 8 yrs ago. At one time it was the most popular dino on here. Use the OLM and Chevron Supreme with confidence.

Ditto with what everyone else has said except one thing, it uses a Group II base stock. I don't think the Impala SS came with synthetic oil in it.

Chevron is a REALLY under-rated oil. It's nearly impossible to find around here. Havoline disappeared too.