Chevron 600 ADF

I’m in fleet maintenance and while speaking with my oil supplier, a Chevron first source supplier, the change in Zinc came up. I have two oil samples that came back with over 2000ppm Zn in the sample. We spoke to the lab and the blender on the batch and determined it to be a lab error and moved on from there. But while talking, he mentioned the move away from Zn in oils. He told me that he is currently testing oil for Chevron in 20 trucks in his fleet. It’s a 10w30 CK-4 oil with only 110ppm Zn but 1200ppm Moly. He has another customer testing the 15w40 version. So far all reports have been very positive according to him. The product is labeled Delo 600 ADF from Chevron. He also stated that liquid moly will be taking the place of Zinc slowly over time as Zinc is being eliminated from oil.

Incase anyone wanted to see the samples with high zinc in them.

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

Yes. That is correct. The correct zinc content for those two oils is supposed to be 1200-1300 per the manufacturers. The lab is saying that a high dosed sample must have run before these and left trace amounts which added to my samples. They said they will address it with the technicians.

Yes. That is correct. The correct zinc content for those two oils is supposed to be 1200-1300 per the manufacturers. The lab is saying that a high dosed sample must have run before these and left trace amounts which added to my samples. They said they will address it with the technicians.
Can you post up the results when you get them & would you mind me adding the results to the VOA Diesel Sheet?

You may add them if you’d like but they are known to be inaccurate. As for new results with those oils, the lab said they are no longer on file and can’t rerun them. I currently have a new sample of Starfire 10w30HD CK-4 being analyzed now. I’ll post that one if you’d like. It has been showing extremely low wear numbers and holding grade in Cummins powered trash trucks.

This is a sample that was run 250 hours. The wear is lower than with any other 15w40 this truck has run. I’m looking forward to comparing it to the unused product.

IMG_0567.jpg

You may add them if you’d like but they are known to be inaccurate. As for new results with those oils, the lab said they are no longer on file and can’t rerun them. I currently have a new sample of Starfire 10w30HD CK-4 being analyzed now. I’ll post that one if you’d like. It has been showing extremely low wear numbers and holding grade in Cummins powered trash trucks.
I'll Definitely add the sampled new Starfire oil once you get it. We need more 10w-30's HDEO's on that sheet & good to hear it's working well for you. Thanks

Back