Checking out older minivans

After reading a bit more about ATF+4 options, it seems that the AMSOIL product I was going to use ( that states on the bottle that it meets ATF+4) may not be a good choice.

There's also debate about Walmart's Supertech house brand of ATF+4.

Thoughts? Thanks!

After reading a bit more about ATF+4 options, it seems that the AMSOIL product I was going to use ( that states on the bottle that it meets ATF+4) may not be a good choice.

Thoughts? Thanks!
I use the Supertech ATF+4 in my 2013 Jeep and it works fine.

I should clarify my earlier comment - I'm not at all anti-AMSOIL ATF. What scared me off were multiple comments on a Chrysler minivan forum saying specifically that multispec ATFs should not be used, even if they were of high quality like AMSOIL. Dedicated ATF+4 only!

I can get Castrol ATF+4 locally from NAPA. I think that's the way to go.

I should clarify my earlier comment - I'm not at all anti-AMSOIL ATF. What scared me off were multiple comments on a Chrysler minivan forum saying specifically that multispec ATFs should not be used, even if they were of high quality like AMSOIL. Dedicated ATF+4 only!

Castrol is a good choice 🙂

Thoughts? Thanks!

Walmart's ST house brand ATF+4 is licensed ATF+4 and carries official approval from Chrysler

The cheapest licensed ATF+4 is still licensed ATF+4

Anything on this list is licensed ATF+4, and you can use it with no problem. So use the cheapest ATF+4 on that list. Although that CQA site looks fake, but they are a real company.

Chrysler is overly strict with ATF+4 approval. They require a specific Lubrizol add pack and a specific group III oil from one of three suppliers.

However, the best thing to use in an out-of-warranty transmission calling for ATF+4 is Redline C+ even though it's not licensed. Redline uses the same add pack as licensed ATF+4 but a better base oil. Chrysler/CQA won't license it because it's not thje exact base stock from their exact suppliers.

Walmart's ST house brand ATF+4 is licensed ATF+4 and carries official approval from Chrysler

The cheapest licensed ATF+4 is still licensed ATF+4

Anything on this list is licensed ATF+4, and you can use it with no problem. So use the cheapest ATF+4 on that list. Although that CQA site looks fake, but they are a real company.

Chrysler is overly strict with ATF+4 approval. They require a specific Lubrizol add pack and a specific group III oil from one of three suppliers.

However, the best thing to use in an out-of-warranty transmission calling for ATF+4 is Redline C+ even though it's not licensed. Redline uses the same add pack as licensed ATF+4 but a better base oil. Chrysler/CQA won't license it because it's not thje exact base stock from their exact suppliers.
I used Redline's GL-4 manual tranny fluid in our Mazda 5, and really liked it.

The speed shop that sold Redline products locally moved across town, so Redline is a lot harder for me to get now.

I understand that the SuperTech ATF+4 is a good choice, but it's hard to find at local Walmarts. The Castrol, I hope, will prove to be a reasonable choice.

Being up in Canada its probably easier to get ATF+4 at Canadian Tire, next is Castrol ATF+4 at Walmart and then probably Napa.

I found some guys on Kijiji that had some mopar ATF+4 for cheap.

Back