Check Out This Amazingly Poor 10w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for fun I went to try to see what the website looked like. The Internet Archive had several snapshots, but there was nothing in them. Also the phone number appears to be made up or defunct.

Whatever language the authorities used in Ohio to rid their shelves of bogus oils like that should be adopted by the federal DOT or whatever SUPER-GOD agency swings the hammer on this stuff and smash 'em.

There is no legitimate "leave poor businesses alone" argument when bad, damaging stuff is being sold.

Cheap furniture is one thing. Substandard fuels and oils is quite another.

What's that you say?....you have stock in that company so now I'm a hippy Commie radical? Shame on you..not me.

LOL, I wish blackstone sponsored interesting UOAs because I would do a full run in my Cavalier of one of these garbage oils to see how it holds up.

I'm curious,does whoever actually makes this oil profit from it? I wonder exactly what it is? An unrefined grp I base oil with zero additives?

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I wonder exactly what it is?

Probably recovered and filtered used industrial oil.
Cutting oil, gearbox oil etc,

This why I stick with (in no particular order) Mobil 1, Pennzoil, or Valvoline. Any of the 3 make an oil spec'ed for just about any gasoline engine on the road today. And none of the 3 would dare pull a stunt like the junk oil posted in the link. For those who like Shell or Havoline, I've used them as well in the past, they just are not readily available in my area.

:
Originally Posted by Kira
Whatever language the authorities used in Ohio to rid their shelves of bogus oils like that should be adopted by the federal DOT or whatever SUPER-GOD agency swings the hammer on this stuff and smash 'em.

There is no legitimate "leave poor businesses alone" argument when bad, damaging stuff is being sold.

Cheap furniture is one thing. Substandard fuels and oils is quite another.

What's that you say?....you have stock in that company so now I'm a hippy Commie radical? Shame on you..not me.

lol.gif

About the commie part... I agree with you on this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back