Cheapest/best place to get Aerospace 303?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading tons of online reviews about the stuff,so I finally want to try it. I went on their site and the closest retailer is 100 miles away from me. Where`s the cheapest place to order it?

Awesome,thanks! Yep,they have the cheapest price I could find. Cheapest shipping too.

I know most over the counter protectants are known to "dry rot" car`s moldings and trim. Will Areo 303 have this effect?

I just bought some right from there web site. I'd post the link but last time I got in trouble for it. $62.95 got me 1 gallon jug, 2 bottles of aerospace protectent wipes and a small tiny bottle of spot remover with free shipping to Detroit.

I found it at a local boat dealer today for $24,32 oz. Can`t wait to give it a try! I also went into Oreilly and bought some Pennzoil yb GF5 20W50.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Does the Ace Hardware carries 303? Does it need to be special ordered?

- Vikas

It varies. Some of them have it on the shelf. Others - you have to special order.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Awesome,thanks! Yep,they have the cheapest price I could find. Cheapest shipping too.

I know most over the counter protectants are known to "dry rot" car`s moldings and trim. Will Areo 303 have this effect?

Anything to back this up with?

Originally Posted By: Malo83

Yep. Dry rotted molding from using Armor All and Formula F21. After a good rain and then some sun,molding turns white,soon fades,and dry rots/cracks. The more I used it the worse it got. The parts I was too lazy to "Armor All" still look brand new. That`s all the proof I need. As soon as I feel like spending the money,I`m ordering all new molding for my car from Courtesyparts.com. No more Armor All on exterior moldings for me. I`ll be seeing how the Aerospace 303 holds up on the existing molding until I replace it.

Last edited:
I hate this stuff and have a few big bottles I will sell. My problem is it looks great at first but the big but turns white over time. No joke it does something to exterior black plastics makes them look old. First tried this on my jeep wrangler flares bingo three months latter. Problem is it cant be corrected. Then I got a deal on buch of this stuff for boat. Used it on my nissan frontier wamo made my beutiful truck look no so new after three months. Whiteness in black and cant be scrubbed out. And do not use this anywhere the window glass is used like seals it will delaminate water based urethane ask me why I know this lol. Stay away from this product. Vinylex,meguires and old blue bottle low sheen armor all good. nNew armor all not so good

The best thing honestly is probably no protectant. One day when I get around to replacing all the exterior molding,I`ll just use a wax as you dry product. My 7 year old rear tires have never seen protectant,and the sidewalls still look brand new. All I`ve ever used on them is a wax as you dry. On the other hand,I used either Armor All or Formula 2000 on my 3000GT`s tires (brand new Yokohamas) I had years ago and they dry rotted and began cracking within weeks.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yep. Dry rotted molding from using Armor All

I had a similar experience with Armor All on an old '86 Cadillac; stuff sucks.

I've been currently using 303 now for three months on my Wrangler and it's working as advertised. Interior, fender flares, tires, wheels, hardtop... works on everything.

I`ve been using the 303 for awhile now and I must say it`s MUCH better than the Armor All. Doesn`t make everything look sticky,and it doesn`t turn white after a rain.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Malo83

Yep. Dry rotted molding from using Armor All and Formula F21. After a good rain and then some sun,molding turns white,soon fades,and dry rots/cracks. The more I used it the worse it got. The parts I was too lazy to "Armor All" still look brand new. That`s all the proof I need. As soon as I feel like spending the money,I`m ordering all new molding for my car from Courtesyparts.com. No more Armor All on exterior moldings for me. I`ll be seeing how the Aerospace 303 holds up on the existing molding until I replace it.

Rebuilder in southern Missouri told me Armor All is great for his customers north of him but ruins the interiors of the customers south of him.
He thinks its a combination of sun and heat, but the results were consistent.

Armor All now has a product that is comparible to 303

Armor All Detailer

This products clearly states that it is silicone free unlike 303 which I belive has silicone in it.

It's a lot like Meg's QID but I think it offers more UV protection.

Last edited:
I buy my stuff at www.autogeek.net. http://www.autogeek.net/303aerprot.html is the link to the 303 on their site. They do carry a HUGE array of other products to compete with 303. Personally I would only use water based products on rubber trim and tires. Water based is nice because it dries and doesn't sling off, and it doesn't ruin the plastic or rubber. The downside is that it doesn't seem to last as long as the slimy/oily types of protectant.

I'm a fan of Poorboy's products, but there's a ton of others to compare against. I could spend an hour looking at that Autogeek website. Every year I get gift certificates from friends/family for that website, woohoo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back