Cheap tires for Nissan Versa

Does Wm do free mount and balance? - that is a big cost factor.
On a car sale $45/tire is cheap enough.
How much can you milk a stone?

It's not free, but their price for the mount and balance is very good. The best part is that they use proper torque and don't zip the air gun on them! However, you may have to wait a few hours.

Also, WM incluces free lifetime balance and rotation, including the flip/remount for directional tires.

Decided to order 3 new ones for $135. Already have a like new Douglas on the rear and some other like new brand on the other rear but like to have all matching. Can sell off the odd one for almost the same as the new ones.

Also some FB advertisers are jerks. Asked this guy about these tires https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:4d5e8e35-63a4-4d8b-a6d5-c8f1a603914d that are nearly the same price as new ones, and cops an attitude when I ask him some questions. Like if they are like new, and it says treads evenly worn. Why are they worn at all if he says they are like new? Now wonder he hasn't sold them in 4 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTK
Ya did see where I wrote, "Already have a like new Douglas on the rear"?
I did, I just didn't comment on the fact that you only had to buy 3 in order to have 4 "new" tires on the car for this flip. You hadn't mentioned that you had one newish tire on the car until that post (but I hadn't gotten around to responding to this thread).

I Would recommend the Douglas tires if price is the main factor you are looking for. They are Economy Private label tires for Walmart that are made by Goodyear. They are good for "in a pinch" and you don't want to break the bank. Extra bonus for me was that the Douglases i bought for my Veloster were made in Oklahoma. Starfire is another decent Economy line tire from Cooper.
Coopers are pretty reasonable, too. Maybe look at the Evolution Tour ... or are they too spendy for your situation?

Coopers are pretty reasonable, too. Maybe look at the Evolution Tour ... or are they too spendy for your situation?
my situation was a bit odd. the front 2 tires worn out due to the car being out of alignment for the set of 3 season tires. WHen i bought the car, i had to get winters on the OEM 18 and was able to get the smaller 17" rims for 3 season use. I got my car when they just started to sell the 2019s so its was a bit of other rims not being available. I plan to get the winters on the smaller rims and the 3 seasons on the OEMs. I wanted basically cheap as you could get since they would only be used for about 1 to 2 seasons for the smaller sized rims until both sets get replaced. The Evo tourings were too pricey for one year use. I am looking to get Cooper Evo Winters to replace the Blizzaks and see about trying those Goodyear Eagle Exhilarates for the all seasons. I am looking at some of the Coopers for the Eclipse as Goodyear has discontinued the tires i have on it (Eagle F1 asymmetrical).

Basically the Douglas tires were the most cost effective stop gap until i can replace all 8 tires this or next year.

Decided to order 3 new ones for $135. Already have a like new Douglas on the rear and some other like new brand on the other rear but like to have all matching. Can sell off the odd one for almost the same as the new ones.

Also some FB advertisers are jerks. Asked this guy about these tires https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/323616172660329?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:4d5e8e35-63a4-4d8b-a6d5-c8f1a603914d that are nearly the same price as new ones, and cops an attitude when I ask him some questions. Like if they are like new, and it says treads evenly worn. Why are they worn at all if he says they are like new? Now wonder he hasn't sold them in 4 weeks.
May you copped and attitude. Sometimes you may not realize you are stressed and are being curt.

I would have asked for: dot code on sidewall, if there were any repaired punctures, and tread depth.
No semantics; just the facts, Ma'am.

would have asked for: dot code on sidewall, if there were any repaired punctures, and tread depth.
No semantics; just the facts, Ma'am.
I have my doubts that the typical vehicle shopper, let alone the typical used Versa shopper, knows how to read tire date codes. Nor cares. BITOG standards be ****ed, for most people, "new" tires is all they need to know. Or that the tires will pass inspection.

You or I might see a red flag. Or not care, if the price of the vehicle was right.

May you copped and attitude. Sometimes you may not realize you are stressed and are being curt.
If asking him why they are "worn" when the ad says "like new" before taking a long ride to get them is copping an attitude, so be it. He's had them listed 4 weeks now, so I wonder what attitude HE cops when anyone asks about them.

If asking him why they are "worn" when the ad says "like new" before taking a long ride to get them is copping an attitude, so be it. He's had them listed 4 weeks now, so I wonder what attitude HE cops when anyone asks about them.
Yeah, advertising tires as " like new" is weird and confusing. I would advertise them as "appear new" and list tread depth and say never any scuffs, punctures or repairs or fix-a-flat.
I would then probably only list/tell date of manufacture if the prospective buyer asks.

Did you get new tires mounted on the beast?

Yep. Even indexed them to the valve stem and wheelcover and touched up the wheels a bit.

tire.jpg

Yep. Even indexed them to the valve stem and wheelcover and touched up the wheels a bit.
Good! I use to love running the tire machine in the shop in the 1970's even though that was the grease monkey job.
I recall being "trained" that it's Important to clean the rim or rest and debris, then lube the rubber mounting lip with that nice smelling green dyed gooey soap.
I think was a very basic old Coats 10-10. And we only had the Coats static balancer on a tripod.
That was a challenge but you could get tires balanced fair with some effort. - Ken

If I need cheap tires for a vehicle, uniroyal tiger paw touring a/s is a good option. I like them better than coopers.

Reactions: JTK
Looks good! I've got the same plastic wheel covers on my 2015. They don't look as pretty and she's only got about 50K miles on her.

Yes, I have the Evolutions on mine. Always liked Cooper. I also buy inexpensive wheel covers. A set for about $30. See my dental thread if you want to see where my money is going instead. Saving up for my serpentine belt replacement . That Versa has gotta last another 10. Years that is.

Back