Cheap "synthetic" or brand semi sythetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: surfstar
Syn that is less than $1/qt after rebate - brands incl. Valvoline, Pennzoil, Quaker State...

Cheap and name brand FTW!

Syn that is FAR, GOIL FTW!

The cheapest is Amaoil! It's also the best! Amsoil Signature series can go 25,000 mi in normal driving conditions with a quality synthetic rated filter, ie, Amsoil, Napa Platnium, Wix, etc. Do consider the excellent wear you will receive using the best oil available. Do the math? and consider your time and energy every time you change the oil. I am not a Amsoil affiliate! Just a believer by using this oil. It's the only true Full Synthtic oil period! Just try it and see for yourself. It ends up being less money for thes best protection. Find any other oil that can make this 25k mi claim? You can't! Because their not true synthetic oils!

Ethical Amsoil dealers do not recommend someone to go out and start doing 25K OCI's. Testing and verification needs to be done first.

Originally Posted By: RdcdI
The cheapest is Amaoil! It's also the best! Amsoil Signature series can go 25,000 mi in normal driving conditions with a quality synthetic rated filter, ie, Amsoil, Napa Platnium, Wix, etc. Do consider the excellent wear you will receive using the best oil available. Do the math? and consider your time and energy every time you change the oil. I am not a Amsoil affiliate! Just a believer by using this oil. It's the only true Full Synthtic oil period! Just try it and see for yourself. It ends up being less money for thes best protection. Find any other oil that can make this 25k mi claim? You can't! Because their not true synthetic oils!

Ahem, I would never run an out of the box off the shelf wix more than 10K, much less 25K, same with the NAPA Plat, which NAPA here SELLS Amsoil and even they say they wouldnt push the Plat pass 15K

I wouldnt all of a sudden go from 3K oci to 25K either, its hard enough to get people to go from 3K to 5K...

Stick with an off the shelf syn unless you really wanna go with Amsoil.

PP and a P1, or what not for 7.5k-10k
QSUD and a Bosch Premium for 7.5K-10K
M1 and a M1 Filter or K&N for 7.5-10K

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dave1251
Ethical Amsoil dealers do not recommend someone to go out and start doing 25K OCI's. Testing and verification needs to be done first.

This is the truth. I am an Amsoil dealer, and I don't recommend starting out at that interval. Do I believe in some applications it will be great? Yes I do. A lot of consideration must be taken before considering a long long interval, such as engine type, history of engines history on oils, and how that particular engine shears oil, has it been well maintained and already have a clean engine. Even Amsoil recommends this as only the normal service on a mechanically sound engine. To me this is a clean excellently maintained engine that sees 80% hwy miles longer than 20miles at a time. In this application sure! I'm for it. I believe amsoil is excellent oil, one of the best, but it is still oil, not a magic potion. I recommend the severe service of 15k always when using the SSO on any vehicle, especially without a UOA to prove it will go longer and protect well. That's my view. for a good cheap oil. I like Mobil super, or ford motorcraft semi-synthetic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back