Changes With Super Tech And Fram At Walmart

Originally Posted by Wrenchturner44
https://www.goodjobsfirst.org/accountable-development/tax-increment-financing

Most newer Walmart locations employed TIF incentives to get their stores built in certain cities, or metro areas.

That articles talks about creating TIF areas that would make a certain area grow and therefore allow for increased property taxes because the value of property would supposedly go up in a "booming" area. It doesn't mean Walmart charges more sales tax. Sales tax rates are all controlled by the state and county laws. All the Walmarts in the same state and county all have to charge the same sales tax, regardless if it's in a "TIF zone" or not.

For 2 bucks and change the ST10246 is about a good of a price you'll fine anywhere. Go to a AA, AZ or OR and see what their made in China brand of this filter wil cost. ORiley's still may have the AC case packs of this filter for $5 and change but I could not get them to order me one, even though they are on their website.

Either way I'd used the Super Tech without hesitation.

Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
I will no longer buy them because they're made in China.

ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

seen how oil filters are made by MACHINES almost no human labor!! depends who makes the machines.

Originally Posted by Wrenchturner44
https://www.goodjobsfirst.org/accountable-development/tax-increment-financing

Most newer Walmart locations employed TIF incentives to get their stores built in certain cities, or metro areas.

That articles talks about creating TIF areas that would make a certain area grow and therefore allow for increased property taxes because the value of property would supposedly go up in a "booming" area. It doesn't mean Walmart charges more sales tax. Sales tax rates are all controlled by the state and county laws. All the Walmarts in the same state and county all have to charge the same sales tax, regardless if it's in a "TIF zone" or not.
I agree. I was a city planner for 30 years and never heard of sales tax being used for tax increment financing. It was always property tax. Think of it this way, if word got out that store A, a few miles away, had a 6% rate versus store B at 8% the word would spread quickly (store A would even advertise that fact) and store B would in all likelyhood loose sales. This store, including any other retailers in the district would scream like mashed cats (even though they should have known about the difference before locating in the district and probably also receive special amenties due to the tax). Retailers can be a fickle lot when it comes to anything affecting the bottom line.

Back