changed oil on a 07 cts 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
cousin who i dont speak to often calls me asks me if i can change her oil since local place up the road charged her $100 last time said ya i have the oil in stash (kendall fs 5w30) just go to any auto store and ask the guy for an oil filter and 24mm socket (i dont have one)

so this morning she comes by i check dipstick, bone dry. ask her last time she had it done"when i bought the car (march 2015, 15k miles) so pull the oil filter out, so tiny that thing is on this car! she brought me a STP XL which had a nice look to it. the one i pulled out looked perfect. perfect spacing, no rips.

drain the oil out, only 2.5 quarts comes out. hmm, told her if she plans to keep the car have it looked at. i didnt see any leaks, but i only had so much room to work with.

air filter was clean though..
taught her how to check level, gave her a QT to keep in car, told her to call me in 5k miles and well go from there... only 2.5 qts in the car... sad

A $100 oil change was too much money for her liking.

Was the oil light on? Wonder how she'll feel when she needs to replace the motor.

Originally Posted By: JC1
A $100 oil change was too much money for her liking.

Was the oil light on? Wonder how she'll feel when she needs to replace the motor.

OLM was at 0%
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
How big is the sump?

6qts

Originally Posted By: RhondaHonda
How many miles on the oil?

15k, over a year. Not sure on brand, but i would hope synthetic since she paid$100

2007 and prior 3.6 v6's are oil drinking timing chain stretching machines. I've had similar oil change experiences with my friends 2005 CTS. Also used the STP oil filter once and was impressed with it. Anyone thinking about a CTS/STS this age should get the STS with the V8.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: xshoex
Originally Posted By: RhondaHonda
How many miles on the oil?

15k, over a year. Not sure on brand, but i would hope synthetic since she paid$100

Oh ok. I thought you meant she bought it with 15k miles on it from your original post. I'd say that was definitely pushing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back