Change the oil in the B&S Never Change!!!

MMO doesn‘t belong in any engine.

I wouldn’t put any dual-use additive in the oil. Just oil.

I also only use Stabil Marine. Seems to o be the best actual stabilizer.

I have never felt the need to put any magic elixirs in any oil or fuel.

Some how my 23 year old Honda has got by without them.

Changing the oil in a push mower gives you an excuse to buy a vacuum oil extractor. No mess and you get a new tool!
I just remove the fill plug and tip it on its side.
Do it annually in the push mower, takes 90 seconds total to change the oil.
Riding mower i drive one side onto ramps and pull the drain plug...most of it drains out, so good enough.
Reinstall plug and add a liter of oil and good enough.
No filters to change on either.

Are all of his videos like that?

What is his channel’s name? I couldn’t make it out
I also could do without the goofiness, but once you get past that he’s a good source of info. It was his video that I followed when I replaced the sump gasket on my V twin. His advice on setting the governor was invaluable.

I have an old briggs powered Deere mower. Been changing the oil with one of those little bottles of lawnmower oil once a year. Usually supertech or briggs branded. I don't think mine uses a drop of oil and its 15 years old. Mowing season in south texas means hot operation.

Regularly used outdoor equipment, I change the oil every 50 hrs. or 4 years (snowblower and push mower), whichever comes first. Both my riding and push mower are over 20 years old. The push mower might be 30+ but gets far far fewer hours once I got the riding mower.

The snowblower in particular is picky about not being stored with gas in the carb, gums up easily. Zongshen SN210 engine, at least generic carbs are cheap on ebay but it takes a bit of effort to de-shroud the engine to get to it.

Back