Champ PH500XL Nitrile ADBV

Yep, I bought a box of them for the Jeep 4.0s I service (3 of them) so should hold me over for a while. All of them have silicone ADBV, and metal center tube with holes. I feel a little weird about buying a box of filters (like a hoarder) but it will take the guessing out of servicing at least a few vehicles I care for.
It’s not a bad move if you’re keeping the vehicle, since prices are going to the moon & quality is going into the basement… I ran XG8As on the XJ 4.0 I used to have, never had a startup rattle with them, & it was twice the size of the XG16 size it called for. OG Ultra XG8As seem to still be around too.

Champ won't even do anything about it.. RockAuto, still charges me for return shipping and you can't get a hold of a life first thing!!!
I feel ya. One of the disadvantages of buying filters online, prepurchase inspection not possible. Champ figures easy to push it on to RA since they are the seller. But, at least Champ didn't claim it is "black silicone." ;) I was waiting to read that as a response.

Best wishes for an excellent outcome on your spinal surgery and a speedy recovery.

My plan was, to change my oil before I went in for surgery on Tuesday, I'm going in for lumbar fusion and decompression surgery. But since these filters came in, I didn't bother. I'm going to be laid up, with no bending, lifting twisting for 3 months so what I have in there now will just stay in there, it's Mobil 1 Advanced 5W20 with a Pure one filter, with about 3,000 miles on it, I changed it 6 months ago.
Scott, I was going to suggest that you start a dispute with your Credit Card company for receiving something different than advertised, but at this point it probably doesn't matter. Better to not worry about it and concentrate on your surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I feel ya. One of the disadvantages of buying filters online, prepurchase inspection not possible. Champ figures easy to push it on to RA since they are the seller. But, at least Champ didn't claim it is "black silicone." ;) I was waiting to read that as a response.

Best wishes for an excellent outcome on your spinal surgery and a speedy recovery.
Champion didn't say nothing about the filter, they just passed the ball to Rock Auto.. Thank you for the best wishes, I'm going to need them...

Scott, I was going to suggest that you start a dispute with your Credit Card company for receiving something different than advertised, but at this point it probably doesn't matter. Better to not worry about it and concentrate on your surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Thank you, I appreciate that..

My plan was, to change my oil before I went in for surgery on Tuesday, I'm going in for lumbar fusion and decompression surgery. But since these filters came in, I didn't bother. I'm going to be laid up, with no bending, lifting twisting for 3 months so what I have in there now will just stay in there, it's Mobil 1 Advanced 5W20 with a Pure one filter, with about 3,000 miles on it, I changed it 6 months ago.
Good Morning Scott S,
My best to you for a successful surgery and comfort in recovery. Don't worry about the vehicles, sounds like you take excellent care them! :)(y)

Back