Champ efficiency?

I was contemplating adding a few filters to my next RA order.My 97 Ram v6 and 94 Acclaim v6 share the same filter and RA listed 2 different Champ/Luber Finer filters PH2835 and PH253.I've been using Wix sourced filters.But I'm not averse to other brands.I was curious and called the Champ tech line and inquired about the differences ,per the tech the PH 253 is an inch larger in diameter.(costs 11 cents more than the smaller at $1.50 a piece).I asked what was the efficiency and was told that that series was 97% .He didn't specify if that was single or multi pass.Sounds good though.

I think a pair of them will be added to my next order for evaluation.

Why would it matter? The most important thing about an oil filter is that it doesn't fail in use.

Phone talk, 50/50 chance the information is correct. First hand information is the lab test result from the lab in writing with a signature. You know how you buy some instrument and it has a paper inside from the company with a signature verifying accuracy? Even that is not necessarily perfect information, but probably is.
On the Walmart Super tech box it says 99%@30 microns, they are made by Champ, and we know it isn't their top tier filter for $3. That's a better guess I would say. Take a look at actual real world particle count tests shown here at times.

I asked if that was single or multipass and he muttered something unintelligible.So I gave up on asking about particle size since he seemed kind of not into it.
I'm still going to order a pair of them instead of the auto extra/wix and pentius and sure filters that I had picked up on my last few orders.Should be no harm in it.They certainly had a better rating than the fram defence filters I had been contemplating.

They certainly had a better rating than the fram defence filters I had been contemplating.
How do you know if you never got an efficiency rating with an associated particle size ?

Late reply ,I had to find the scrap paper that I had written down the info on- for the Champ it was 97% and 20 microns.The Fram defence was listed as 94%-92% greater than 20 micron.

Back