challenged driver of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting for an oblivious driver to drive into the side of my truck.
I can pretty much gaurantee my truck will win.

Every trip is an adventure here, I could literally write a book!

Two things that got on my nerves today, one of them being an idiot waving through all four lanes on the highway in his Sierra pickup truck, and finally throwing his cigarette butt out the window, which 'bounced' off my hood. If you're going to smoke whilst driving, use the ****** ashtray instead of throwing your cigarette butt out the window! You also get other idiots throwing small empty juice cartons out the window on the highway!

On the way back home an hour ago, I had about a kilometer (just over half a mile) before my exit and I was slowly switching lanes so I'm in the correct one roughly 500 meters (over a quarter mile) before the exit (you'd be surprised how many idiots drive across the highway from the first lane to the forth to take an exit). I checked my right mirror to see the forth lane was free, so I turn on my signal and get a moron in a white Charger flashing at me like a Christmas tree not to switch lanes. The speed limit is 120 km/h (75 MPH), which nobody adheres to anyway. I was doing 85 km/h (55 MPH) in the third lane, and that idiot was probably doing 140 km/h (88 MPH) the way he blasted past me.

Then you get geniuses driving SUVs and trucks tailgating you, thinking their huge presence will freak you out and you'll move out the way. I had one flashing at me with offroad HIDs so I move out of his way, when there was no room in the second lane. Guess what, I'm driving a full frame vehicle too and I could care less whether you tailgate me or not.

Finally you get people driving on the hard shoulders (emergency lanes) as soon as the road comes to a standstill. Sometimes there are accidents and emergency vehicles cannot get to the scene of the accident because of selfish lowlifes who think it's their God given right to determine the life of another.

Too many mentally challenged people on the roads who have no concern for others' lives (I could care less about their own).

I so need to move to another country, where the word "respect" still means something.

Originally Posted By: brianl703
In the DC area, it needs to be the "mentally challenged driver of the minute". There's too many of them to limit it to once per day.

That sounds like Miami-Dade and Broward County..Every run down here is a suicide run on every single roadway.

There's a minimum of 1 car length per 10mph in front of me. Minimum.

I know that aggravates some people. I just don't care. I never have to brake hard when the close following retards in front of me are panic braking.

So, I have this distance between myself and the car in front of me. Plenty. What does the car entering the freeway do? Drive right next to me and glare at me.
I have a Lexus...you had better yield to the princess.
Nope. In this state, through traffic has the right of way.

Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight

What moronic act did you witness of a fellow road sharer today?

I see idiot drivers pulling some stupid stunts about every 3 miles on the roads around here. No wonder traffic accidents kill more people than anything else in the world.
crazy.gif

Best one I ever saw was a guy in the fast lane holding up traffic while holding a cell phone with one hand and hand jiving as he talked with the other hand (you know how people use their hands to "express" when talking). He was steering with his KNEE! I saw this as I passed him on the right. Classic, huh?
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
There's a minimum of 1 car length per 10mph in front of me. Minimum

Here in So Cal, 2-3 vehicles will move into that distance.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Here in Miami 4 will move within seconds..Without signaling of coarse.

Wow, timing is perfect on this one.

Last night, I was driving the family to a night of fine dining at Cici's. As we approached a left turn onto the on-ramp the car in front of me turns left onto the exit-ramp. Must not have seen the do not enter sign etc.

Fortunately for them, they quickly realize their error and do a U-turn. While this is going on, I am stopped watching and waving, etc. I expect them to just turn 180 into the entry ramp but they end up pulling out in front of me and continuing down the road as if they never intended to get on the highway anyway.

In the meantime, my stopping was too much for the lady behind me and she lays on her horn. She apparently was not able to process the unusual nature of somebody turning into the exit ramp and reverted to normal, somebody dares to slow me down, responses.

I'm not sure who the biggest idiot was the lady behind me or the lady who turned onto the exit ramp.

Last edited:
How about motorcyclists?

I'm often embarrassed to be associated with these morons.

I'm not talking about stunt-riding in heavy traffic sportbike riders. We all know that they are idiots. Riding around at 10,000rpm in second gear standing on the pegs. Sit down and upshift you idiots.

The while back, I was behind a guy in a pair of athletic shorts, flip flops, and sunglasses on a Softail. That's it. No shirt, no gloves, no helmet...
It began to rain. I watched him mash the rear brake and lock up the rear tire and flail around madly sliding at every red light. I don't know how he didn't lose his left flip-flop the way his left foot was stabbing at the ground for support as he slid. I also don't know why he wouldn't apply his front brake. Maybe he was just as ham fisted with the front brake as he was with the rear. I didn't get to watch him crash. I reached my destination before he did.

yeah, but they are usually going quite a bit faster than me and build up that interval again or they are hopping in and out of lanes like crazy lane bunnies. Hopping madly about looking for the one lane that is magically going 120 mph.

How about the people that, when they pull into a Lowes parking lot, stop and stare in apparent wonderment at the riding mowers, the large building, the parking lot, and everything else leading you to wonder if this person has never been to a Lowes before. After a couple of minutes they finally figure out what the purpose of the "parking lot" is.

There is a local supermarket with a really dumb traffic pattern. When entering from the east, one has to get in a left arrow lane. Unfortunately the storefront is very close, and this being California, where a pedestrian will just walk out in front of a moving vehicle, only three cars can get through before a pedestrian will cause a short lived gridlock. Every time.

In this parking lot, all the spaces are diagonal and unidirectional. I saw someone drive the wrong way up and down 3 separate rows of parking spots.

This I found kind of amusing really as I had a little melt down in the supermarket a few minutes before. Two women had parked their nearly empty carts as if they intentionally wanted to block the aisle. They were prattling away a half dozen places from their shopping carts in some asian language, and I lost it.

After I walked past them and waited for a second or 2 for them to move them without reaction, I kicked one of the carts out of the way a little harder than I planned and it wound up rolling a dozen yards up the aisle in front of me. As I was shaking my head at my own stupidity, I noticed a pocketbook in the cart, then the lady came turbo waddling past me, grabbed her cart, and cursed me out in some foreign tongue.

A burly bearded witness broke out in full belly laugh. I heard him still going from 5 aisles away.

I am not proud of myself. But it was darn funny.

all i want is 3 just 3. people a day that iam alowed to take there drivers license away. after a few mo it will be a better place.

I always do that, stop at the far left of the right lane so that other drivers can easily make a right turn on red, you are one of the few drivers who actually think about other drivers. Thank you.
thumbsup2.gif

I always do this at stop lights. Sometimes I question whether or not to do it when I'm trying to make a left turn into my street off of a main road. Most of the time I do it, because there is extra space off of the road on the right from people passing over the years. Lately I'll just sit my car right in the middle of the lane so that no one can pass me on the right. I'm sure people behind me are cursing me out, but I'm worried that one day some idiot trying to pass me on the right doing 30mph is going to slam into me.

As for annoying habits others do, I could go on for days. Right off the top of my head, people who pull into a gas station at .25mph because they are surveying the station deciding which pump to pull up to. How about getting your car 100% off the main road, and then debating which pump to go to.
I'm super paranoid about backing out in parking lots because of the way some people speed through the parking lot. Yet I still get people who will speed around the back of my car after I am more than 50% pulled out of my spot, or people who honk at me as I am very slowly backing out with a big suv or pickup truck next to me. If you can't see my face as I'm backing out of my spot because of the big suv or truck next to me, do you really think I'm able to see you as I'm backing out? And instead of honking, how about being courteous and just stopping, so that I may back out and not risk hitting you.

The while back, I was behind a guy in a pair of athletic shorts, flip flops, and sunglasses on a Softail. That's it. No shirt, no gloves, no helmet...
It began to rain. I watched him mash the rear brake and lock up the rear tire and flail around madly sliding at every red light. I don't know how he didn't lose his left flip-flop the way his left foot was stabbing at the ground for support as he slid. I also don't know why he wouldn't apply his front brake. Maybe he was just as ham fisted with the front brake as he was with the rear. I didn't get to watch him crash. I reached my destination before he did.

These are usually the "natural-born experts" with no training... or license.

Quote:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR I always do that, stop at the far left of the right lane so that other drivers can easily make a right turn on red, you are one of the few drivers who actually think about other drivers. Thank you. thumbsup

In Michigan, there is a solid white line on right side of the right lane that is,technically, against the law to cross. Are you guys suggesting that people "squeeze" in next to you where there is no lane? At some intersections, I could see where this would cause even more danger.

Myself, I NEVER make any driving mistakes. Yet, I find it to be bad karma to criticize others (most of the time).

Good day to all.

If they didn't want you to ever cross it, it would be a double white line. A single white line indicates that crossing is discouraged, but not prohibited. Per the MUTCD, which is supposed to apply to all roads in the USA, anyway.

Quote:
Standard:
20 Where crossing the lane line markings is discouraged, the lane line markings shall consist of a normal or wide solid white line.

Standard:
30 Where crossing the lane line markings is prohibited, the lane line markings shall consist of a solid double white line (see Figure 3B-12).

By the way, I have used the MUTCD to identify non-complaint signs/signals and gotten them fixed. I think some local traffic "engineers" must hate me. If it weren't for me, nobody else would demonstrate what a poor job they do.

The woman who spent five minutes trying to back her CR-V out of a parking space, repeatedly. Until she figured out that she needed to release the parking brake first, that is.

Oh that poor little SUV, rising and falling with every throttle application, as she tried to force it to move. The only thing more insurmountable than that Honda's parking brake was the stupidity of its owner.

Then she insisted on exiting the parking lot via the entrance. A one lane access that was occupied by myself, in my GTI, and a guy in a Jeep Cherokee that was, like me, stuck waiting for her to find her brain among all the detritus between her ears...

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Originally Posted By: doitmyself

Myself, I NEVER make any driving mistakes.

BUULLLSHIKABOB.

Foghorn-Leghorn-Thats-a-joke-son-You-missed-it-Flew-right-by-ya.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back