Cerakote Trim Coat (Griot's version)

I've been thinking about what to use on the fender flares of my truck. Using a water/silicone base product would work, but not hold up on the rain. I wanted to try something more permanent.

They claim 200 washes.

IMG-2103 (1).jpg
IMG-2104.jpg

Application was pretty easy and straightforward. Properly clean the plastic, dry thoroughly and apply. I'm curious how it cleans up after they get dirty. I had the truck in Wharton State Forest Saturday, cleaned it up yesterday to apply the Cerakote.

Cquartz Dlux. Do it right, once.
Yeah that is good stuff.

I'm completely happy with the Cerakote. Not sure how they compare. I like the applicator the Cquarts comes with vs the pre-treated wipes.

The fender flares are quite large on this truck, by design for off-roading, so I wanted to protect them early on while new to avoid fading etc.

Nice to see one of these companies actually doing ASTM testing and competitor testing.

What’s the 200 wash deal other than a fake number to make you believe it will last ? I used DLUX on my GLI and it’s starting to wear off probably needs redone or this. I doubt i have 200 washes on it maybe 100

What’s the 200 wash deal other than a fake number to make you believe it will last ? I used DLUX on my GLI and it’s starting to wear off probably needs redone or this. I doubt i have 200 washes on it maybe 100
I actually believe it could last that long after messing with it. It's the longest lasting trim treatment I'm aware of. The downside is it has a glossy look to it. You absolutely have to prep the plastic first to get the best out of it.

That’s interesting I don’t mind gloss at all, however they act like wash and dry apply no serious prep.
This stuff lasts a long time. You can YouTube durability testing of it and it always comes out on top. Prep is so crucial. You want to remove any existing wax/dirt etc. from the plastic trim prior to applying it for maximum durability. It needs to bond to a clean surface.

Back