Cen-Pe-Co 0W-20 & 5W-30 Full Synthetic Oil

Hello All!

I’ve been trying to decide the benefits of running Cen-Pe-Co Oils in my newer, everyday vehicles vs. actual Dexos/API certified/licensed products.

I haven’t seen this information on the boards yet, so I reached out to the tech department of Cen-Pe-Co Oil. I asked if their 0W-20 and 5W-30 fully synthetic oil was Dexos1 Approved and API-SP to protect against LSPI. While their products are not licensed, the technical advisor advised that Cen-Pe-Co had well exceeded API-SP standards well before they were developed. They claimed that they choose not to license them, specifically Dexos1 because of the costly fee of estimated $0.30-50/gallon.

Furthering the conversation, he personally recommended using a synthetic/synthetic blend filter media saying that the PurolatorOne worked well.

We have a local Cen-Pe-Co Dealer, but I’m hesitant as both vehicles are still under the GM Powertrain Warranty.

The only downfall to this oil is that you have to buy their product in cases of 12 quarts, or gallons all the way up to very large storage tanks.

Current price, as of June 20, 2022 was $95.82 for a case of 12 Quarts, which equals $7.99/Quart.

My Vehicles:

2019 GMC Terrain SLE 1.5L Turbo FWD
36k Miles

2017 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo FWD
26k Miles

I’m still researching to see what the best synthetic media filter and fully synthetic oil is for the GM vehicles, aside from OEM ACDeclo.

Attached are the documents received by Cen-Pe-Co directly.

8ADFB610-10F9-497F-8732-AA58A587782C.jpeg

5CEC6BF8-773C-42E0-8D5E-9594EF08F6D0.jpeg

4D04D5E8-A8F1-4456-9623-C95EFBC73373.jpeg

A52EF5DD-DDF0-4D08-AC7E-BBB79D48A863.jpeg

8F0A7B31-A709-47AF-969D-602BE4C3964E.jpeg

6DAEA72F-200E-494A-8C38-A629A7A5E31B.jpeg

I agree, Cen-Pe-Co should come and talk about their products. I’d be interested in seeing some comparisons between them and Amsoil and maybe a few other products. I’m not promoting them, simply just here to learn. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
We used this in our ambulances and fire engines before I left the fire department back in 2018. It seemed to work really well, however, I’m hesitant about using them in a personal vehicle, especially ones requiring certain specifications AND under warranty. Doesn’t seem like a bad brand as a lot of truck and tractor pullers use it, but it doesn’t seem as readily available as Amsoil. It’s like you have to know someone with the in. I don’t live far from one of the Warren Distribution Centers in Glen Dale, West Virginia and Shadyside, Ohio, but just like any other oil, people seem to either love it, or hate it.

This is the worst testimonial I have ever seen on this board, maybe someone will point me towards others that are worse.

Scarce, expensive, no certifications or approvals...could you tell us one more time why you want to use this oil?

Edit to add:

I also don't like how they include the page mentioning API SP and show the "certification marks" to inform prospective customers on an approval they don't have. The intention is clear that they want you to assume they have API certification and hope you don't read the fine print.

Last edited:
Scarce, expensive, no certifications or approvals...could you tell us one more time why you want to use this oil?

Edit to add:

I also don't like how they include the page mentioning API SP and show the "certification marks" to inform prospective customers on an approval they don't have. The intention is clear that they want you to assume they have API certification and hope you don't read the fine print.

I like the idea of them, or at least the theory. Our fire department ran them as well as a few members without any issues. A department mechanic started the transition many years ago. They also use it on the local school busses and a lot of truck and tractor pullers use them with excellent results. Like I said, I’m new to the game and I’m learning. You make a very good point. I double checked with my Dealership and per GM, any oil I use must be Dexos and API licensed.

I like the idea of them, or at least the theory. Our fire department ran them as well as a few members without any issues. A department mechanic started the transition many years ago. They also use it on the local school busses and a lot of truck and tractor pullers use them with excellent results. Like I said, I’m new to the game and I’m learning. You make a very good point. I double checked with my Dealership and per GM, any oil I use must be Dexos and API licensed.
Fire trucks and ambulances are expensive, mission-critical vehicles. You're trying to tell me that some random mechanic somewhere made the decision to switch from manufacturer approved lubricants that have actual certifications to oils made by some little company nobody has ever heard of that don't meet a single manufacturer or industry standard? That's just a bad idea IMO.

Fire trucks and ambulances are expensive, mission-critical vehicles. You're trying to tell me that some random mechanic somewhere made the decision to switch from manufacturer approved lubricants that have actual certifications to oils made by some little company nobody has ever heard of that don't meet a single manufacturer or industry standard? That's just a bad idea IMO.
That’s exactly what I’m saying. He’s actually a mechanic that was on the fire department and also a Paramedic. His garage serviced all of the vehicles. To my knowledge, they never had any issues with engines. There’s also a local mechanic shop that uses Cen-Pe-Co as their go-to oil. I thought everyone did it…hence why I’m on here learning. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That’s exactly what I’m saying. He’s actually a mechanic that was on the fire department and also a Paramedic. His garage serviced all of the vehicles. To my knowledge, they never had any issues with engines. There’s also a local mechanic shop that uses Cen-Pe-Co as their go-to oil. I thought everyone did it…hence why I’m on here learning. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's fine and all, but if I owned a local auto repair shop or oil change place I'd be using oil that meets the warranty requirements of my customers vehicles because that way it isn't on me if something goes wrong and the dealer tries to blame the oil. Just another example why I find these statements questionable.

I agree with you 100%. I would not want to carry that liability.

Have we determined which synthetic oil filter works best, in general?
Fram Ultra, Wix Xp, Purolator Boss? I know there were some comments about the media separating, or tearing.

Any oil which meets dexos spec and the OEM filter, if you’re concerned about filters issues. Stick to one brand or try them all. Buy the cheapest or the most expensive. The vehicle won’t know the difference. Nothing on your vehicles from the factory is the best. It’s adequate. You need adequate.

Back