Cell phone mount install adhesive; finding dash-mount USB charger

Two questions:

1) I want to insert a USB charger into a flat unused area of an aftermarket radio fascia. I am pulling my hair out finding what I want - something that looks like the linked item, low key, and I can just splice into my existing cigarette lighter wiring or to a fuse tap I run from the box. Everything I find is a big round two-socket thing with too-bright LED lights (according to reviews), or Toyota-specific and not to go into a generic cut-out. I want something that looks like this I can wire in:

2) I pulled this magnetic mount out of another vehicle. What's the best way to refresh the adhesive so it sticks well to that audio panel in the background but ideally does not permanently mar it if I remove it later? Get some really strong double sided tape (where?), some spray, ...? The mount will go next to the radio and then the USB port below it next to the storage space.

IMG-2912.JPG

Not many adhesives will stick to the type of plastic inside a car on its dash and console. The ones that will adhere to it wont likely be easily removed, much less leave no sign they were ever there.

If you find one that works, be sure to post up a link to where you got it. Many folks will be interested in it.

Back