BluBird Air hose

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got this rubber air hose and thought I would pass it on.
The hose is made in India which normally would eliminate it right away but this company seems different, they seem proud of where its made and don't try to hide its origin so I figured why not I need a new hose for spraying and I would prefer a lighter weight one as it hangs on my belt for the breathing mask and ports off to the gun.

First thing is this hose is light, about 2/3 of a normal 3/8 rubber Goodyear but its not thin. It seems very well made with brass connectors with plastic strain reliefs. It lays flat and coils easily for storage but does not coil when being moved. The company claims extreme cold flexibility, I can believe it.
One nice thing is it doesn't smell like a HF store in fact there is almost no smell at all, not a big deal but it is if its going into a breathing mask.
This is the best part.. Amazon wants $45 for 50' 3/8 but hose and fittings has it for $21 with free shipping, that's where i got it.

https://www.amazon.com/BluBird-Lightest-...2WH1B1CBCNEQYC4

http://www.hoseandfittingsupply.com/product-p/blbrd.htm

I would think rubber products would be an area of relative advantage for India and others in the region.

So I'm not all that shocked at your finding.

FWIW

Good to hear! Nice to see that at least one product from the subcontinent is (so far) up to snuff with its competitors.

That's a great price. I have the Flexzilla hose on my 60 gallon compressor which I have been very happy with, it cost a bit more though. For $21 I'm going to order one to replace the 35 year old stiff hose on my small compressor. Thanks for posting!

For $21 delivered with no tax its a great deal that kills Amazons $45+ tax price, its is more flexible than the Flexilla. I ordered a couple more myself now I have checked it out and put it under pressure.

Originally Posted By: Trav
For $21 delivered with no tax its a great deal that kills Amazons $45+ tax price, its is more flexible than the Flexilla. I ordered a couple more myself now I have checked it out and put it under pressure.

I have the Flexzilla for close to 2 years now, had I known about this hose I would have passed on the Flexzilla. I ordered one for my small 12 gallon compressor, the 35 year old stiff hose sucks. I want a hose for each machine, so this made it easy. I use the small compressor in the winter for tire inflation and odd jobs. The flexible hose will make coiling it back up a lot easier.

Okay, will try it.
Also, I told Amazon about the lower price. Probably won't matter since
the seller is a 3rd party and not Amazon itself.

Mine came yesterday. From the looks of it, it looks like a quality hose. For under $21 shipped it was well worth it.

Originally Posted By: Trav

Still have a good opinion of this hose? Have you used it in frigid weather (20F-30F) ?

Still working like a champ, no bubbles, cuts, abrasion wear or leaks. I have used it in 10f weather to inflate a flat and left it out overnight deliberately just to see if it remains flexible, its very flexible and rolls up easily. Ask me again in 5 yrs if they are any good, so far they are good but time will tell.

Too bad I am just now seeing this.

Would have been great Christmas gifts for family.

If it's got the Trav seal of approval, it's gotta be good.

I use one of them for my breathing mask and spraying only, the fact it has very little odor is important because its post refrigerator/dryer and filters. Most rubber hose stink like Hades or a HF store so I was using a hybrid poly hose for that reason but they have a habit of trying to coil when slack, not cool around wet paint.
So far no complaints, I cant comment on long term longevity but it has a 10 yr warranty so they must have confidence in the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back