CEL P0174

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snail's pace me finally datalogged.
P0174.jpg

That doesn't show a whole lot. The yellow highlight shows a 0.00 reading on your cat monitor, on bank one. Ignore it.

The Bank 2 O2 voltage is higher than bank 1. Both show lean, but a snapshot without seeing trends/transients doesn't help a lot.

Fuel trims are OK. Nothing indicating a fault. You do likely have a bad O2 that is dropping out intermittently and setting a code. I am having to interpret those trims as my scanner reads trims a bit differently.

I can send you the file. It's a CSV. Since both show lean an inlet leak would be next? I found a hose leak in bamk 2 and fixed that.

If you found/fixed a leak, clear codes and try to duplicate the problem. If you had a vac leak/MAF/fuel pressure problem your fuel trims would be off, which they are not. Either the problem is fixed or your Bank2 O2 is intermittently dropping out.

Instantaneous readings of O2 sensors are next to useless as a working O2 voltage jumps around considerably. Don't worry about the CSV file, your equal trims on both banks answer the questions.

It is hard to catch a bad O2 sometimes as the "dropout" can happen for 5-10 seconds at a time, sometimes more than a few minutes apart. I have had cars I had to drive 20-30 minutes to catch a bad O2.

I clear the code each time I try something and it comes back but not at a consistent way. Once no code at idle only. The next time it took about an hour of driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back