CDC: Salt not really bad for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I'm one of the people that's VERY sensitive to salt. I rarely eat out because of that.

I hope the CDC saying this doesn't cause even more salt to end up in food.

I used to consume very little salt and drink tons of water (even when I wasn't thirsty), and eat lots of low fat "health products" because that's what the "experts" recommend. I always had salt and food cravings, very low body temperatures (couldn't even be in an air conditioned room in the dead of summer),while developing a gut.

Now I just try to eat whole foods and trust what my body tells me and I feel tons better. Body is warmer and gut and food cravings disappearing. I've learned to trust my instincts more than the "experts."

It depends on your own body. Healthy people can get rid of excessive salt but if you have bad kidney or high blood pressure, then excessive salt is not good.

While it is not really bad for you like pasta is not bad for you, if you take too much salt or eat too much pasta, you can still get very uncomfortable for a while.

I agree with what BITOGers are writing here - use the information from the studies as an input, but pay attention to your own body. The business of medicine has strayed far from caring for an individual, or paying attention to individual needs. You have to pay attention to your own.

A normal intake of sodium is just fine, the problem is that few Americans realize how much sodium is in that processed food, fast food and garbage food they stuff in their faces. Few people actually get a decent amount of exercise, and they end up with the health issues associated with a high sodium diet.

It's one of the reasons why so many Americans are waddling around with that huge gut or jumbo sized backside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back